PDA

View Full Version : A3-31

Matt Wolboldt
12-23-2009, 9:45 AM
For those of you who have this machine, have any of you made a mobile base for it? I'm toying with a few designs, but I'm not sure what the minimum material spec should be. I.e. Can I get away with making something out of 1/4" angle iron, or do I need 2" wide 1/4" thick steel tubing. Any help would be appreciated.
-Matt

Jeff Monson
12-23-2009, 9:50 AM
I've got a new one in the boxes from hammer I'd be willing to sell.

Rod Sheridan
12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi, please see my post below;

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=893640#poststop

Regards, Rod.

Matt Wolboldt
12-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Jeff for the offer, but I need something more mobile than what they sell. My shop is really small. Rod, Thanks. That's the spec I needed. I just didn't want to make the base weigh more than the tool itself.

Scot Ferraro
12-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Matt,

I would opt for the Zambus Casters or Great lakes Casters...I put these on my Hammer A3-31 and mobility is perfect -- you can move the machine in any direction and it is easy to spin a knob to put donw the pads and lift the casters off the floor when you need stability -- $120 or so is what they cost me a few years ago (if memory serves me correctly) and was well worth every penny.

Scot

Jeff Monson
12-23-2009, 10:54 AM
No problem Matt, yes the mobility is very awkward when the wheels are on the long side of the machine, that is a very poor choice IMO unless you have a lot of room to work with.......but if I had a large shop I could care less about a mobility kit.