PDA

View Full Version : OT- UPS redirect delivery....

Chuck Wintle
12-22-2009, 2:32 PM
Has anyone ever tried to redirect a UPS delivery once the parcel is in the system? Here is my rant.... i was not at home to sign for a package the other day.The UPS website has an option to redirect delivery to another address and I put in my work address. Fine or so i thought. I saw via the tracking my delivery change request and I was all set to receive my stuff at work. For whatever reason they still tried to deliver to the original address. :confused::confused: Two time in a row. So has anyone ever redirected delivery successfully? :D:D

Horton Brasses
12-22-2009, 2:39 PM
Has anyone ever tried to redirect a UPS delivery once the parcel is in the system? Here is my rant.... i was not at home to sign for a package the other day.The UPS website has an option to redirect delivery to another address and I put in my work address. Fine or so i thought. I saw via the tracking my delivery change request and I was all set to receive my stuff at work. For whatever reason they still tried to deliver to the original address. :confused::confused: Two time in a row. So has anyone ever redirected delivery successfully? :D:D

You have to call them. It costs quite a bit too, something like $10.00. You generally only need to sign if the shipper requires it or it is something that is an over 18 product-like alcohol.

Chuck Wintle
12-22-2009, 3:08 PM
You have to call them. It costs quite a bit too, something like $10.00. You generally only need to sign if the shipper requires it or it is something that is an over 18 product-like alcohol.

There is an option to do it on the website. There was no indication of any charge?

Robert McGowen
12-22-2009, 4:17 PM
You might want to check and see if the SENDER has to re-direct the delivery. And yes, they will probably get charged to do that. It would seem that if ANYONE could re-direct a package, then there would be a lot of missing packages, if you know what I mean.

Horton Brasses
12-22-2009, 4:20 PM
I am virtually always the sender and I think that is correct. The shipper has to authorize as there is a charge. It will cost UPS a fair bit-they have to unload the package off the truck, resort, and reload onto a new truck. Someone probably has to do it manually. The charge makes sense really.

Ed Griner
12-22-2009, 4:50 PM
Charles,call the number on the tag and tell what you want to do, I think that will solve your problem.

Ed

Perry Holbrook
12-22-2009, 5:33 PM
Due to the heavy snow we just had, my driver can't get to our house for the delivery of 5 packages. So today I went by the local depot to see what to do to get them to hold my packages there and I would pick them up.

The procedure is that you have to call the 800 number with tracking numbers. If their computers say that an attempt has been made to deliver, then and only then will they hold at "will call" for pick up. So 2 of the packages can be picked up tomorrow and I will have to call again tomorrow to see if the system will allow any of the others to be held even tho their tracking system says they are out for delivery and there is no way they can be delivered.

Oh well.

Perry

Bob Borzelleri
12-22-2009, 6:03 PM
I have had the same UPS driver for about 3 years. We give him cookies and stuff every holiday. Knowing someone in the system really helps. I have the local numbers for UPS and FedEx and just call them to arrange for holding stuff so that I can pick it up when I am in the area.

Scott Shepherd
12-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Just learned something the hard way. Ordered something on Monday, selected 2nd day air, paid for 2nd day air. Got the order confirmation that said it had shipped and it would be here on the 23rd. Got a tracking number email yesterday and on UPS's site, it says "Rescheduled" out to the 24th. I called the company I ordered it from and they were a bit confused, and said they'd file a claim.

Keeping in mind, we are 3 days normal UPS from them. So normal UPS would have been $4.50, paid 300% more to 2nd day air it.

Called UPS, it's an automated system that says if the package was picked up on the 21st or after, there was no recourse if it wasn't delivered on time.

So I guess it's okay to charge me 300% more and then deliver it on the normal route and tell me "Oh well, tough luck, thanks for the cash".

Thanks UPS, you're the best! :mad:

Robert McGowen
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
They also have zero guarantee on ground service if it is shipped on or after Dec. 11th or is expected to be delivered on or after Dec. 11th. I shipped a package on Dec. 9th (4 day delivery time) and it was delivered Dec. 22nd. Customer no-service was very polite in telling me too bad for me.

Dick Strauss
12-25-2009, 12:37 AM
How about this one Robert...

-Shipped 12/22 via 2nd day air
-Scheduled for delivery 12/24 in time for Christmas
-Now updated delivery is 12/28 (ouch!!!)

All of the delivery delay is because they didn't hire enough people to actually deliver packages to customers!:( The items arrived in the area on time and were on the truck today for delivery. That nonsense about not being responsible for shipping delays during that the holidays is just complete garbage. Don't take extra money from me for faster service if you can't deliver on time!

I guess I'll have tell lots of folks about the poor service at UPS...:(:(:(

My soapbox is now busted and in the fire!

Perry Holbrook
12-25-2009, 8:38 PM
On the other end of the spectrum, I was able to get all my packages working with their system.

Including, Wednesday about 5 pm, I was pulling out of the drive and my UPS driver just happened to be passing by. He saw me and motioned for me to follow him, which I did. He had packages on the truck that he could not deliver due the snow in my drive and personally handed them to me.

I get great service from UPS.

Perry

Dick Strauss
12-26-2009, 4:49 AM
Perry,
I'm glad your packages were part of the 95+% that UPS got to their destination on time. I'm sure my local UPS driver is a good person that was probably overwhelmed with his or her workload. Unfortunately the timing of Christmas (being close to the weekend) made for a 4 day delay.

I think it would be fair if UPS took responsibility and refunded at least the extra amount paid by the consumer to upgrade from ground shipping to a 2nd day air shipping.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Scott Shepherd
12-26-2009, 8:56 AM
I think it would be fair if UPS took responsibility and refunded at least the extra amount paid by the consumer to upgrade from ground shipping to a 2nd day air shipping.

That's my entire issue with them. I understand it's a package and you're busy and things don't always happen. I understand that completely. However, if you have a service business where you charge extra for expedited services and you don't deliver to that level of service, then we should be refunded to the level of service we actually got.

It would be like going into a restaurant and ordering Filet Mignon, and they bring you a hamburger and tell you the Filet is sold out, then charging you for the Filet. You wouldn't accept that in any other service you pay for, but somehow we're supposed to accept it from UPS.

The message on their customer service clearly states you will not be refunded.

Dick Strauss
12-26-2009, 1:55 PM
Unfortunately UPS is notifying us about the no-refund policy after we made our purchases and are checking on the delivery. Any changes to standard and stated refund policies are required to be provided at the time of sale, not after (like on the back of a receipt). In most states like Ohio the terms of the sale can't be changed after the sale unless both parties have agreed to the change, so this trick is illegal!

Myk Rian
12-26-2009, 3:22 PM
No matter what, I prefer UPS over the joke system at USPS.

Michael Wetzel
12-26-2009, 3:34 PM
I had a good deal with the UPS driver a few years back. The same driver delivered to my house and at work. After he dropped off our work stuff he would throw my deliveries in my truck and lock the door.