PDA

View Full Version : first jewelry box

tyler mckee
12-22-2009, 12:47 AM
First time making something so small. lots of little errors along the way, most of them don't show too bad. Would be a lot easier to do knowing what i know now. I used navy felt to cover the bottom and make the ring bars, box is cherry and maple.

Ted Calver
12-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Tyler, that's a great box! Nicely designed and finished and i like the way you organized it too.

Cody Colston
12-22-2009, 1:51 AM
Very nice box. The box joints came out nice and the Navy felt loks great on the inside as does the Cherry. How hard was it to fit those quad hinges?

tyler mckee
12-22-2009, 2:08 AM
Very nice box. The box joints came out nice and the Navy felt loks great on the inside as does the Cherry. How hard was it to fit those quad hinges?
Hinges werent too bad, just used a sharp knife and chisel, carved away until they fit. i would make a template and use a router if i had a few to do.

John Keeton
12-22-2009, 8:19 AM
Would be a lot easier to do knowing what i know now.Tyler, I make that same comment after every project! If I didn't, then I wouldn't be pushing myself to learn more each time.

You did a great job, excellent choice of words, and a nice result. the inlay is a very nice touch, and I like the inside arrangement and felt.

John Thompson
12-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Very nice results Tyler and.. agree with JK on your comments of the next time as that will be true every time you tackle something new during your entire run with this hobby. :)