PDA

View Full Version : So many interruptions!

Jeff Nicol
12-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Well today was a day to remember! It is the winter solstace and the busiest day in the workshop to date! I spent many hours out in the shop but all I got turned was 2 deer horn pens!! The phone was ringing off the hook, people stopping in just to chat, customers picking up last minute things and the best thing of all.........My first grandchild was born this afternoon!!!!! His name is Brady Thomas Bibeau and he was 7lbs 11oz and 20" long with a head full of wavy dark hair!! He was about a week late but he is here now and all is well. But my wife took my camera with her to the hospital in Minneapolis/ St. Paul so no pictures of the pens or the baby yet! I will head up tomorrow in the morning after my doctors appt. Then I have to come back and turn a couple more pens, as they say no rest for the wicked or weary!

Have a great night and to all a Merry Christmas,

Jeff

Steve Schlumpf
12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Jeff - Congrats on your first grandchild! Have a safe trip - looking forward to the photos of Brady......... and your pens when you have the time! Congrats!

Kenneth Whiting
12-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Congrats on your first Grandchild.

Mike Spanbauer
12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
wow, that is a day Jeff! congrats grandpa! :)

mike

gary Zimmel
12-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Congrats on your first grandchild Jeff.
Sounds like you had a big day...

Ted Calver
12-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Grandpa Jeff....has a nice ring to it!! Congratulations!

George Morris
12-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Congrats! That is a great Xmas gift!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Congrats Grandpa!

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes a hardy congrats grandpa. Now the fun begins Jeff.

Curt Fuller
12-22-2009, 12:21 AM
What a wonderful Christmas gift. Congratulations Gramps!

Dan Forman
12-22-2009, 2:20 AM
Jeff---Congrats on the new addition to the family, glad that all went well.

Dan

Jeff Nicol
12-22-2009, 7:38 AM
Thanks all for your great replies! I can't wait until he is old enough to enjoy the woodshop and all that it offers to a young mind! He will most definitly be spoiled, mostly by Grandma, but I will do my fair share!

Well I am out to the shop for a little while then to the doctor's office, then the road trip to little Brady.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Jeff

Hilel Salomon
12-22-2009, 7:53 AM
Jeff,

Congratulations. You need to pressure your kids though. I've got eight grandchildren and each one of them makes me feel as if I'm the luckiest person alive. I'm waiting for some of the snow to melt so that I can get up to my VA place and take care of two of the little ones during the holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy Grandfatherhood!!!

Hilel.

John Keeton
12-22-2009, 8:02 AM
Finally, the cradle has an occupant!!! Congrats, hope everyone is doing well, and enjoy the time with the little one! Everything else can wait.

ROY DICK
12-22-2009, 8:07 AM
Jeff,
WOW! Congratulations your way for sure.

Roy

Rob Cunningham
12-22-2009, 8:54 AM
Congratulations Jeff !! A great Christmas present for the whole family to enjoy.

Mauricio Ulloa
12-22-2009, 9:12 AM
Congratulations Jeff! This is a great Christmas gift for you and your family!!!!!

Matt Ranum
12-22-2009, 9:22 AM
Congrats!! A proud Grandpa already.:)

Mike Svoma
12-22-2009, 9:56 AM
Congrats, old man........Let the spoiling begin.

steven carter
12-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Congratulations Jeff! What a great Christmas present for the whole family, not to mention he was born in time for the tax deduction.:D

Steve

Doug W Swanson
12-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Congrats. I live in Vadnais Heights (a suburb of St Paul). Hopefully you will miss the big snow storm that is coming our way. We're suppose to get 12 inches of snow by Christmas Eve....

Congrats again!
Doug

Leo Van Der Loo
12-22-2009, 3:07 PM
Congratulations GRANDPA :D
You just got the most precious gift you could wish for Jeff, life won't be the same, just make sure you do take the time to enjoy them, and them able to enjoy you.
I got 8 and a half, they are the most fun you can wish for :), and you can hand them to MOM when you're tired of them for a while :D :eek: they do wear you out, guaranteed :) :D :D

David E Keller
12-22-2009, 7:59 PM
Congratulations... Glad to hear that baby and mom are doing well. I know what a blessing my son has been to me, and I can only imagine what joy a grandchild will bring. Have a safe trip, and enjoy what may be your best Christmas present ever.

Joshua Dinerstein
12-22-2009, 8:29 PM
That is awesome! Congrats on the new grandchild!

Joshua

Jeff Nicol
12-22-2009, 8:35 PM
Thanks again for all the well wishes and support to the new Grandpa! I spent an hour with the little bundle of joy before I had to get going to Rockler or Woodcraft to get some more pen kits. The hospital was only a mile from the Rockler Outlet store so that is where I went. So when I am in there a few things caught my eye and I was weak, and since the LOML got a new couch the other day.........well I got myself some Christmas presents! More on that later, so here are a couple of deer antler pens from yesterday and some pics of the little woodturner to be! Pic 1 of Brady, me and Cassie, Grandpa and Brady, Cassie, Sean and Brady

Thanks again and a Merrier Christmas to all!!

I am not ready for another foot of snow, and I won't get to see my wife for a few days after the storm, I am on dog watching duty, as they are like little babies too!

Jeff

John Keeton
12-22-2009, 8:47 PM
Jeff, you certainly are beaming with pride!! You done good!!!:D Of course, the parents may have had a little to do with that, too!;)

From the looks of the national weather map, you are going to get that snow - whether you want it or not!!:eek: And, a foot may be conservative.

Oh yeah, nice pens, too!! Got all caught up in the grandbaby!

Jim Kountz
12-22-2009, 8:48 PM
Well now Grandaddy Jeff!! Hows that sound to ya, pretty good I bet!! Congrats!!

Alan Trout
12-22-2009, 9:05 PM
Congratulations grandpa, Cute kid.

Alan

Maylon Harvey
12-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Congratulations Jeff! They sure are fun. We have 6.

Bill Bolen
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the grandpa's club! We can spoil them as much as we want!!..Bill..