PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Bad

harry strasil
12-21-2009, 6:07 PM
:D On the way back from the Omaha VA today I needed a pit stop so stopped at a new Antique mall about half way home, found some woodies, picked up a 28 inch trying plane, a panel raiser with skewed blade, a pair of hollows and rounds, a 1" rebate and a wainscoating beader all under $20 apiece and in reasonably good shape.

Merry Christmas.

David Christopher
12-21-2009, 6:12 PM
Harry, I feel bad for you too.. if it will make you feel better you can send them to me...LOL
congrats on a good find

David Gendron
12-21-2009, 6:21 PM
I guess, no pictures, it didn't....

harry strasil
12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
darn blankety blank picture police, I try to post a pic and the site goes down, hope you are happy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/irnsrgn/wood/Woodies002.jpg

David Christopher
12-21-2009, 10:40 PM
yup, I think they will fit in one box. ( easy to ship )

Marty Pierson
12-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Harry

Where's this Antique shop? My wife and I are always looking for new places.

Thanks
Marty

David Gendron
12-22-2009, 1:22 AM
Lucky you Jr.! Will you restore them? They look like good users!

Jim Koepke
12-22-2009, 2:35 AM
Marty,

Welcome to the Creek.

There is an Aurora in Oregon that has a lot of antique shops and one or two of them have some tools. South of Aurora in Woodburn is an antique shop where one of the people has more hand tools he sells than will fit in the shop.

I have gotten a few good deals from him and he seems very honest. One plane that I was a bit excited about had him telling me why it was not a good collectable and that is why it was at a good price. He also has some higher end planes and tools for the collector.

jim

harry strasil
12-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Just across the missouri river from Nebraska City in Iowa on hiway 2 Marty on the north side of the road at the I29 and hiway 2 interchange.

Don't know if its still there, but just west of GI at a little town called Wood River on the north side of main street there used to be an antique shop with hundreds of WWing tools, that's where I picked the almost unused possibly oldest known Disston Saw. He is kinda iffy on when he was there, but its a good place to drool, I used to stop there when I went to Blacksmith Conventions and Hammerins in GI.

Phillip Pattee
12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Nice haul Jr. If you really feel bad,...you could buy an indulgence by sending holdfasts to all the creekers.:)

harry strasil
12-22-2009, 12:37 PM
You Bad Phil, and I thought we were friends. I am cleaning up a mess in one corner of my small shop to move my basement tool chest over there so as to have more room and found a box of scrap wood, while going thru it, I found a Cigar Shave in the bottom of it, that I don't remember having. I even made one for myself some years ago. Cleaning house err (Shop) sometimes is like finding presents under the Christmas Tree, and it seems I have Christmas every time I move something. Maybe its just CRS at my age.

harry strasil
12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Or too much stuff and too little space.

Phillip Pattee
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
It's not CRS, but the miracle of Christmas. It's like when you wrap some diamond earings for SWMBO and put them under the tree, but when she opens her much bigger box, there is a shotgun in there. How does that happen?:rolleyes: Anyway, its the thought that counts, right? So you ask her, "Honey, since you don't hunt, can I borrow your shotgun?" Isn't Christmas great?

harry strasil
12-22-2009, 12:55 PM
I would never do that, she buys me tools err toys for B day and Xmas, her B Day is Dec 16, so this year I found her dream sewing machine on sale for less than half price and got that for her. I Informed her that is was also her Anniversary present for March, I didn't get any arguements.

harry strasil
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Besides she used to hunt with her Dad, and I sure don't want to see what the business end of shotgun looks like when it goes off, I have already survived the breach blowing up in my face while I was in the Navy.

Marty Pierson
12-22-2009, 2:16 PM
Harry, Thanks! I had forgot about the store in Wood River. We stopped there several times and never open. My wife has a couple booths at Railroad Antiques in GI, I make a few things for her to sell.

Have Fun!
Marty