PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell #126 porta-power planer

gary a. pacolt
12-21-2009, 5:54 PM
Folks, I need help finding a replacement spiral cutter blade for my now obsolete planner #126 Rockwell porta-planner. A nice chunk of carbide is missing as it doesn't cut metal very well. Not real interested in replacing the planner as it works perfect. The blade number is #43263. Does anybody know a supplier for this blade??

Bill Orbine
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
You might wanna try googling using Porter Cable 126 for the search words. I found quite a few companies selling the carbide tip cutter for the Porter Cable which is very similar since Rockwell and Porter Cable have bought each other a few times. I'm not sure if it's the the dimensions are the same (length, I.D., O.D.)

Ed Griner
12-22-2009, 7:06 AM
Try amazon!

Ed

Mike Foreman
12-22-2009, 4:30 PM
You might wanna try googling using Porter Cable 126 for the search words. I found quite a few companies selling the carbide tip cutter for the Porter Cable which is very similar since Rockwell and Porter Cable have bought each other a few times. I'm not sure if it's the the dimensions are the same (length, I.D., O.D.)
+1. I did some research, and the Porter Cable 126 is the same planer as the Rockwell - just a different name on the tool.

Part number 873096 is the one you need - number 82 on their diagrams.

gary a. pacolt
12-22-2009, 7:03 PM
Thanks much for the info!