PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking must see in Lynchburg Va??????

Ken Shoemaker
12-21-2009, 2:09 PM
I'm heading to Lynchburg Va. on Christmas day to see the kids. I expect to be there about a week.

Does anyone have a "don't miss it" woodworking destination????

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Ken

Jeff Willard
12-21-2009, 4:54 PM
Yeah, Williamsburg. It's a pretty good truck from Lynchburg, but it's the don't miss WW attraction in the state.

Caron Miller
12-21-2009, 4:55 PM
My shop needs cleaning!

Scott Wigginton
12-22-2009, 8:05 AM
Yeah, Williamsburg. It's a pretty good truck from Lynchburg, but it's the don't miss WW attraction in the state.

It's about a 2 hour drive each way (my brother and sister went to Liberty University in Lynchburg).

Doug Carpenter
12-22-2009, 8:46 AM
My shop needs cleaning!

Caron,

I'll come over and clean out your shop. Don't mind the moving truck and the four guys to do the lifting. I promise it will be "clean" when we leave!:D

Ken Shoemaker
12-22-2009, 9:11 AM
Scott; My SIL is the CIO of Liberty. And Daughter is getting set up to teach internet classes from home (4 kids). Great University!!

I guess I'm working with Doug to clean Caron's shop:D

Jeff Willard
12-22-2009, 3:41 PM
It's about a 2 hour drive each way (my brother and sister went to Liberty University in Lynchburg).

About 130 miles, as the crow flies.

Wayne Cannon
12-22-2009, 5:51 PM
I'll definitely second the Williamsburg nomination if you have the time. There's plenty to hold the interest of everyone.

Scott Wigginton
12-23-2009, 8:32 AM
We have a friend who works for Colonial Williamsburg and lives in one of the historic houses on Duke of Gloucester street, we visit her the day after Christmas every year and the place is jumping (my daughters still don't understand why all the strangers are peering through the windows :eek:)

If you're a history buff drive the extra 20 miles past Williamsburg to visit the Yorktown battlefields (my old stomping grounds). Take the Colonial National Historic Parkway along the York River, its worth the extra 5 minutes.

Your daughter probably already knows this, but the Drowsy Poet was always my favorite hangout when we hit Lynchburg (not that there's too much competition for students who don't want to risk demerits :p)