PDA

View Full Version : Jamieson Hollower AND Oneway Bowl Steady

Michael Ginsberg
12-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I am new to hollowing and recently made the investment of the Jamieson Hollowing rig (the whole system). I also have the Don Pencil system for freehand hollowing. I was thinking of getting the Oneway 2 wheel Bowl Steady. Does anyone suggest a better steady to go with the Jamieson Hollower that I already invested in? I want the best I can get, that is not way out there in price,that will work well .
All input is appreciated. Thanks.
Michael

Dick Strauss
12-21-2009, 3:26 PM
Michael,
Welcome to SawMillCreek or SMC...no, not the Tom Bosley infomercial place!

The Oneway steady looks good but I might consider buying two to have on both sides of the piece if possible.

There are also folks that have made their own steady rests and posted pics here. You can search to get some design ideas.

Jeff Nicol makes a heck of a steady rest from what I've seen (I have no hands-on experience with his products). I don't know what he charges but they look to be very well made. All of the customer feedback has been very good as well. PM Jeff here and see if he can help.

Take care!

Hilel Salomon
12-21-2009, 4:47 PM
I have two pairs of the Oneway( two of each) and two pairs of the Jeff Nicols rests (two shops+two pairs of just about everything). No comparison!!!! Nicols' rests are safer, cheaper and better!

Regards, Hilel.