PDA

View Full Version : X & Y coordinate Question for Corel X4

Chris Tatarian
12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
I need someones help on how to make an object retain its X & Y position? My case is that when I draw a circle it shows the x & y psition in the property bar. Once I deselect it the circle goes to 0,0 position. I would like the x & Y position shown when I move the circle.

George D Gabert
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
If you go under align select lock object. That part cannot be moved or revised until you unlock it.

GDG

Chris Tatarian
12-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I wanted to be able to move the object on the page but have the X Y position values. Not go to 0,0 when I select that same object again.

John Noell
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
When you deselect, yes it goes to 0,0 but as soon as I select an object again, it again shows me the coordinates for the center of the object. Yours does not???

Chris Tatarian
12-21-2009, 12:52 PM
It show the coordinates as 0,0 when I select for a second time rather that the initial location. It basicly resets it to 0,0. I need to change the setup page but can not find the right selection.

Scott Erwin
12-21-2009, 1:14 PM
Mine does not reset to 0,0 -- -
If I draw a circle regardless of size, it will measure from the center of the circle and give the position. If I click off of it, draw another circle, square or import something, and then click back on the original circle, it will show the position as it where it was left.

Chris Tatarian
12-21-2009, 1:34 PM
Hi Scott,

It has something to do with the settings. Something in my corel got changed to absolute 0,0 position. Thank you to everyone for helping. Still trying to figure it out...

Chris

Carl Sewell
12-21-2009, 1:47 PM
Go to your Free Transform Tool (2nd icon on the left side, last item in the flyout). On the property bar, go to the last icon. The mouse over will read "Relative to Objects". If it is depressed, that is the problem.

Have you also tried exiting and restarting CorelDraw?

Chris Tatarian
12-21-2009, 1:58 PM
Carl,

Thank you. That was the problem and it was depressed. This is good to know. I hope I can return the favor. This is not only a great forum but very friendly.

Sincerely,

Chris Tatarian

Dick Jordan
01-12-2010, 5:10 PM
Does anyone have another solution for this same problem?
I have somehow fallen into this same dilemma where my x,y coordinates return to 0,0 every time I create or move an object. The object stays where I want it but the coordinates change to 0,0. The solution that fixed Chris's problem did not fix mine.
Thanks much,
Dick

Carl Sewell
01-12-2010, 7:51 PM
Just one.... reset your workspace. Hold F8 down while starting CorelDraw and agree to reset the workspace.

If you haven't customized your workspace, this will have no visible changes to you.

Good luck!

Dick Jordan
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
The reset definitely took care of it, (and everything else) but that is what I needed.
A thousand thanks,
Dick