PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas present-headboard for my Dad

Michael Donahue
12-20-2009, 1:59 PM
Hey folks. My Dad's hasn't had a decent set of bedroom furniture in years so I figured it was time to make some sawdust! I finished up the headboard last week and I helped him set it up this afternoon. I think I'm going to build him a dresser next.

I was very pleased with the color and the finish. Used General stain (forget the color off the top of my head) and satin Armorseal for the finish. It was nearly fool proof and has a great look & feel.

Thanks for looking!

John Keeton
12-20-2009, 4:28 PM
Nice work, Michael, and nice color - whatever it is!! I have had pretty good luck with using Arm-R-Seal, and it certainly looks good on this.

gary Zimmel
12-20-2009, 5:38 PM
Nice job on the headboard.
I'm sure you made your father very proud Michael.

Jim Kountz
12-20-2009, 9:58 PM
The headboard looks fantastic and very familiar!! I did a sketchup of something almost identical to this a couple weeks ago. Check it out.

You did a great job with it, Im sure you father will love it!!

Matt Meiser
12-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Looks nice. I love the raised panel look and am planning something similar, with a curved top.

John Thompson
12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Excellent job on those raised panels Michael. I am sure your father is most appreciative but don't let word get out amongst family you can actually build anything. If you don't understand that statement now.. you will soon enough! ;)

Great job...

John Keeton
12-21-2009, 2:20 PM
[QUOTE=Jim Kountz;1288562]The headboard looks fantastic and very familiar!! I did a sketchup of something almost identical to this a couple weeks ago. [QUOTE]Hmmmmm.....

Michael Donahue
12-21-2009, 2:23 PM
The headboard looks fantastic and very familiar!! I did a sketchup of something almost identical to this a couple weeks ago. Check it out.

You did a great job with it, Im sure you father will love it!!

Great minds think alike! :D

Thanks for the kind words folks!