PDA

View Full Version : Since I ranted before, here's a bit o' praise

Jason Roehl
03-28-2003, 8:01 AM
Now, after that little 3/8-is-not-3/8 incident, I had to go to the local borg to grab a few things for work. There was one lady in the checkout ahead of me. I recognized the cashier as one who is generally friendly, so no problems in that department. However, at the end of the other lady's transaction, her receipt had an extra printout telling the customer a toll-free number she could call to report the cashier as "friendly and helpful," which she definitely was. I assumed this was a random thing because, while I got the same friendly treatment, I didn't get the extra printout on my receipt. Maybe I didn't spend enough that go-around (~$20). Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'm just happy to see this particular version of the Borg getting concerned about its public image.

Ted Shrader
03-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Jason -

Have gotten those occasionally from restaurant chains, but never one (of the two) borgs in this area. Seems like a good idea. Corporate gets the feedback and the employees know that it come out of their register at any time.

Ted

Keith Hall
03-28-2003, 8:45 PM
Jason. Sears does the same thing. Customers are randomly selected by computer at the cash register to receive the questionaire/coupon. It has an 800 number for the customer to call and answer several questions, using the telephone keypad for answers. After the questions are answered, the customer is given a 6 digit number to write on the coupon. That coupon is worth $5.00 off the next purchase. It is used to evaluate store and associate service, etc. Keith:D