PDA

View Full Version : Some Christmas Turnings

Kenneth Whiting
12-19-2009, 11:41 PM
We made a few Christmas presents over the weekend.

The wine glass bottle stopper just seemed fitting.
The black and silver pen is ceder from a piece I had left over from a project I did this summer. We managed to find about 25 pen blanks in that scrap that had some nice grain in them.
Even though you can't tell yet, the two tone is purpleheart for her brother that earned a purpleheart in Iraq a few years ago.

Thanks for any comments or critiques.

David Hullum
12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't see any pictures :(

Bernie Weishapl
12-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Must be those invisable ones.

Kenneth Whiting
12-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Oops, sorry, I should concentrate on one thing at a time. They should be there now.

Steve Schlumpf
12-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Kenneth - very nice work on everything! Really like the designs of your stoppers! My only suggestion is to try a little more light the next time you take photos.

I am sure all these gifts will be appreciated! Thanks for sharing!

David Hullum
12-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice I really like the glass shape.

John Keeton
12-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Looks like you have been busy!! The bottle stoppers turned out very nice, but the pen will be a special gift! Nice work.

Jim Kountz
12-20-2009, 4:15 PM
Nice work, thats pretty cool giving purple heart to a purple heart recipient!!

Baxter Smith
12-20-2009, 4:42 PM
They all are very nice but the wine glass stopper was unique. Got me thinking brotherinlaw - shotglass.:D

Kenneth Whiting
12-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys for the compliments. Sorry I still can't get the pictures down right. They are too bright with a glare or too dark. I'll get it figured out one day.

I think I'll be making more of the wine glass bottle stoppers, they seem to be a hit. I like the idea of a shot glass too, Baxter. That could even end up being a multi-tasker.

The first time we saw purpleheart wood was right after we had been discussing her brother receiving his. We wanted to make a display case for it(which is still in the works) so I started researching it and came across this http://www.usmedals.com/productfamilydetail5.aspx?ID=4363
Clicking the read more button leads to some interesting reading. I always wondered where the purple heart got it's name.

Baxter Smith
12-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Interesting read. Thanks.