PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0490 jointer shipping problems!

jack darcy
12-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I ordered a grizzly jointer on wednesday and it is now saturday night and all I have heard from them is that they are setting up the order with the freight company and that I will be contacted when it ships. Its been 2 days since they called and I don't know if theres a problem with the order or if it got deleted by accident. My jet tablesaw shipped much faster than this. I emailed them but i probably wont get a response until monday and they aren't going to ship on christmas, right? When will I receive it? I need it before winter break is over because I cant set it up with school. Anyone had experience with grizzly? I've heard their service is top notch.

glenn bradley
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I ordered my G0490X on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Monday.

Stephen Edwards
12-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Both of my Grizzly machines arrived within 4business days, IIRC. One might expect it to take a couple of days longer, during the Christmas season, I would think.

John Borysewicz
12-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I bought the G0490 in October. Picked it up at the freight terminal in about a week from date of order. One of the blades had a slight nick. E-mailed them and they sent a complete new set.

Mike Goetzke
12-20-2009, 1:32 AM
I ordered a grizzly jointer on wednesday and it is now saturday night and all I have heard from them is that they are setting up the order with the freight company and that I will be contacted when it ships. Its been 2 days since they called and I don't know if theres a problem with the order or if it got deleted by accident. My jet tablesaw shipped much faster than this. I emailed them but i probably wont get a response until monday and they aren't going to ship on christmas, right? When will I receive it? I need it before winter break is over because I cant set it up with school. Anyone had experience with grizzly? I've heard their service is top notch.

That's not a shipping problem it's an over anxious excited woodworker waiting for his new tool to arrive.

(I ordered one a couple weeks ago and delayed delivery to coincide with my vacation next week and I can't wait for it either.)

Mike

Scott Vigder
12-20-2009, 1:46 AM
+1 for Mike.

You order a 200+ lb machine during the busiest time of year and expect it to arrive sooner than Grandma's fruitcake?

I hear a heavy sigh from Papa Grizz.

Oh, and I have owned that machine since November of '06. You are going to love it!

jack darcy
12-20-2009, 12:03 PM
+1 for Mike.

You order a 200+ lb machine during the busiest time of year and expect it to arrive sooner than Grandma's fruitcake?

I hear a heavy sigh from Papa Grizz.

Oh, and I have owned that machine since November of '06. You are going to love it!

I know i'm being anxious but, my jet table-saw shipped the same day and arrived in a week and a half. Its going to be a week after i ordered on monday and the saw hasn't even shipped yet. on their website it says if you order by 12 your machine will ship same day. I know its the holidays and itt will take a little longer. I just want an update on what's going on.

Jacob Mac
12-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Jack:

I have ordered 4 machines from Grizzly, and it usually takes right at a week for me to recieve the machine. I ordered a DP two weeks ago, and I got it in a week.

jack darcy
12-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Jack:

I have ordered 4 machines from Grizzly, and it usually takes right at a week for me to recieve the machine. I ordered a DP two weeks ago, and I got it in a week.

its almost been a week and it hasn't left the warehouse yet. this cant be normal.

Matt Armstrong
12-20-2009, 12:50 PM
So call them up and explain your frustration?

jack darcy
12-20-2009, 12:53 PM
So call them up and explain your frustration?

They aren't there on sunday and i wasnt able to call during their hours on saturday.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2009, 1:07 PM
Jack,

First I can understand you frustration. I am a person with little patience and I would want my tool there over the holidays so I could get it set up.

That being said.....This is the Christmas Season...the busiest shopping days of the year. You ordered it on Wednesday....morning? evening?

If you ordered it after 5:00 p.m., it's only been 2 work days as most companies only count M-F as work days. I'm not even sure you can get a trucking company to pick something up on a weekend without some REALLY, REALLY SUPER EXPENSIVE shipping costs. With my work we sometimes have to order 1 truck..2 drivers.....nothing else on the truck....drive straight through.....It is very expensive, however! VERY EXPENSIVE!

While it may be some discomfort for you, I really don't see this a Grizzly shipping problem yet.

Call Monday...politely ask for an update.

For the record...I have only ordered from Grizzly twice.....a few months ago when I ordered a spindle sander....and last week when I ordered some small hand tools. It took 2 days for mine to ship....but it's the holidays....busy!

Cliff Holmes
12-20-2009, 1:29 PM
Have you checked the order status on their website?

Jacob Mac
12-20-2009, 1:33 PM
Jack: I ordered my DP on a Friday night, and it didn't ship until the next Tuesday or Wednesday. It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. Well, other than how to get that monster of a jointer into your shop.

David Prince
12-20-2009, 2:58 PM
Grizzly is quick and decent. I wouldn't worry too much considering it is Christmas shopping probably causing delays in shipping. I am sure Grizzly is also busy selling tools this time of year.

Jason Hanko
12-20-2009, 3:47 PM
I ordered my G0490 on Sunday Dec 6th and it was in my garage Thursday the 10th. It was actually at the freight terminal on the 9th...
Grizz customer service is great - call them in the morning.

Wade Lippman
12-20-2009, 7:14 PM
You don't say where you are (why is that?), but there is some lousy weather out there.

jack darcy
12-20-2009, 7:18 PM
You don't say where you are (why is that?), but there is some lousy weather out there.

Im in southern california. We dont have lousy weather.

Shiraz Balolia
12-20-2009, 7:23 PM
Jack - something is wrong. We ship 98 to 99% of all orders the same day.

Call Monday and ask a supervisor about the situation.

Don Bullock
12-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Jack, just in case you don't know, Shiraz Balolia is the president/owner of Grizzly. He's a contributing member of this forum.

I'm in Southern California too and my G0490 was delivered to y home five days after I ordered it. Like Mr. Balolia said, something seems to be wrong with your order and calling the customer service department at Grizzly should clear it up.

jack darcy
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Jack - something is wrong. We ship 98 to 99% of all orders the same day.

Call Monday and ask a supervisor about the situation.

Thanks. Your customer service is one of the reasons i went with grizzly.
thanks again. ill call in the morning.

Dave Lehnert
12-20-2009, 10:38 PM
I work in retail and over the road trucking can get slow this time of year. Truckers are starting to head home for Christmas.

Joe Wiliams
12-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Jack, just in case you don't know, Shiraz Balolia is the president/owner of Grizzly. He's a contributing member of this forum....
And he's taking care of customers on a Sunday:cool:

jack darcy
12-21-2009, 6:17 PM
I got an email response this morning from their customer service again saying it is in processing. I figured that meant it would ship today. It is now once again after their hours. I understand that shipping is delayed because of the holidays, but I ordered wednesday last week. What happened to shipping orders same day?

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2009, 6:31 PM
Jack,

The president of the company told you to call as there was an obvious problem. He also indicated to another Creeker that he was out of town and couldn't take care of his problem.

Call....don't rely on an email....call ....ask for a Supervisor/manager.