PDA

View Full Version : Football Trophies

James Sweeney
12-19-2009, 4:52 PM
These were a scroll saw project, but at least they are mostly wood. Made 16 of them for all the kids on my football team. They really liked them. base is walnut and maple, I used epoxy to glue the acrylic kids to a slot cut in the wood bases. Finish is General finishes armorseal.

Mark Crenshaw
12-19-2009, 5:08 PM
HI James.

Great idea and nice work. The personal touch you put into these will mean far more than a plastic/metal store-bought trophy. Nice!

Peace,
Mark

Bruce Page
12-19-2009, 6:04 PM
James, those are priceless!

The kids will be able to look back on them with fond memories!

John Keeton
12-19-2009, 7:37 PM
Those just have to be one of the neatest projects I have seen!! I think that is the first time I have seen that done - reminds me of the wall appliques that you can buy.

Baxter Smith
12-19-2009, 8:14 PM
Some of these kids will probably end up with lots of trophies from various sports they participate in while growing up. Bet none of them will stand out on their shelf or in their hearts more than these!

John Thompson
12-19-2009, 8:58 PM
Great job.. extremely good idea putting the faces on them as boys that age eat that stuff up. I think I remember being that age once? :confused:

gary Zimmel
12-19-2009, 9:19 PM
Great idea for the kids on your team James.
As others have said they will have fond memories for a long long time.

James Sweeney
12-20-2009, 9:22 PM
thanks for the comments guys. I had fun making them. It felt good to get some nice comments from some of they parents stating the kids liked them very much. Made me feel good. I wanted to give something from myself back to these kids. You really bond after spending so much time together. I will miss them all. And yeah, I got the idea from seeing it in a store somewhere but can't remember. little research on how to cut the acrylic and then it was easy.

John Olson
12-20-2009, 9:32 PM
Now were the pictures on the trophy pictures of the kids?

James Sweeney
12-21-2009, 2:58 PM
Jon, If I am understanding your question correctly, yes each kid on the team got a picture of himself as a trophy. Was that the question?

John Olson
12-21-2009, 3:25 PM
Yes that was what I wanted to know. That makes those trophies turely great. Most trophies are kind of standard and not unique to each player. Again they are just great.

James Sweeney
12-23-2009, 12:39 AM
thanks again to all. I am really glad I found this site. the talent and help here is really, really great. I am constantly inspired here.