PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw tire fit

Jim Underwood
12-19-2009, 2:52 PM
I have a 14 inch Buffalo brand bandsaw that I've upgraded a bit by adding a riser block, extension handle on the adjuster, new throat plate, cool blocks, etc.

But now I want to put new urethane tires on the thing, and I notice the only thing close at Woodcraft are the 14" x 7/8" wide tires.

Will this 7/8 tire fit a 1" wide groove? I'm guessing the answer is no, but would like confirmation....

Or should I get the 1" wide tires from Olson (Amazon)?

Jason White
12-19-2009, 3:32 PM
Yep, they fit just fine.

I replaced the original old rubber tires on my 14" JET bandsaw with the blue urethane tires made by Carter. They are narrower than the original tires and I was worried about possible tracking issues, but I haven't had any problems.

Jason

I have a 14 inch Buffalo brand bandsaw that I've upgraded a bit by adding a riser block, extension handle on the adjuster, new throat plate, cool blocks, etc.

But now I want to put new urethane tires on the thing, and I notice the only thing close at Woodcraft are the 14" x 7/8" wide tires.

Will this 7/8 tire fit a 1" wide groove? I'm guessing the answer is no, but would like confirmation....

harry strasil
12-19-2009, 7:52 PM
no trouble hear either.

Phil Thien
12-19-2009, 8:57 PM
Find Sulphur Grove Tools (on eBay) and get your tires there. If he doesn't have your size listed, he'll cut them for you. I've ordered four sets from the guy and he does a great job. And the prices are good, too.

chester mccarter
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I knpw this was a very old post but since I just got the same saw I was wondering where you got the riser kit< or what kind it was>

tnx chester

david brum
05-02-2011, 1:05 AM
You could theoretically order a riser kit from Harbor Freight (Parts list C in the 14" bandsaw manual). I successfully ordered one a few years ago. You could also ask Grizzly if they still have the riser kit for the older 1019 14" bandsaw. Most of the genericTaiwanese bandsaws look pretty much the same. Having said that, the riser kit also contains a longer rod for the upper blade guide. You'd want to make sure that the diameter of the new rod matches the one on your saw. A Grizzly tech may know, but I'm sure you'd have to drop by a Harbor Freight to measure a floor model if you order through them.