PDA

View Full Version : Universal V460 Z-axis help!

Rob Sandall
12-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi folks. I hoped I would never have to beg for help out here, but my table on my V460 wont go "up" anymore. It started sporadically refusing to raise, and a off/on cycle of the laser would fix it. This was last night. This morning it won't go up at all, and a z-axis re-home has it stuck at the bottom.

Gulp!

I have a ton of orders to ship Monday for Christmas. Any ideas out there?

I cleaned all the sensors, made sure there was no debris in any belts, tried manually pushing upwards to "help" it. For a while it would travel up to one specific height, then stop. Back down, back up - then stop at the same point. Other times it would only travel down.

For a short while, right before final death, it would travel up then when I let go of the button it would continue upwards at lower speed for a couple seconds. Weird.

Well - for now I am stacking various thicknesses of boards under the cutting table to get as close to focus as I can.

Thanks for any advice!
-Rob

Scott Shepherd
12-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Rob, I haven't seen the inside of that model, but most I have seen have a screw that raises the table up and down. You can put a glove on, reach in over or under the table, whichever you can do, and turn that screw. Should be one on each side. It will raise the table manually. Do it with the machine turned off.

That should get you through the weekend. It shouldn't hurt anything or get anything out of whack. When you turn it back on and the motor is working, it will home itself and you'll be fine.

Rob Sandall
12-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Thank you, Scott! I'm going to give that a shot right away.

Much appreciated!
-Rob