PDA

View Full Version : RIKON 2HP dust collector any good??

Jason White
12-19-2009, 7:40 AM
Anybody have the RIKON model #60-200 dust collector? I found one on-sale locally for a decent price. The only minuses I can see are the 10 micron bags and 110-volt/18 amp motor (that cannot be re-wired for 220).

Anybody have one of these? Likes and dislikes?

Jason

Bruce Page
12-19-2009, 1:50 PM
Jason, it looks like a clone of my 1 ½ hp Delta 50-850 (and many others). My delta has pretty much the same spec’s and does a good job for me. I move mine from machine to machine and it works great that way – I don’t know how well it would work as a plumbed system DC but I’m sure a lot of people use it that way.
I run mine on 110 without any issues.
One thing you WILL NOT like is the 10 micron bags. My delta came with 5 micron bags and they were junk! I switched them out to 1 micron bags from Penn State.

Jason White
12-19-2009, 3:36 PM
Yeah, I was already thinking I'd change out the upper bag with a 1-micron shaker felt bag like I have on my existing 1HP unit.

Jason

Jason, it looks like a clone of my 1 ½ hp Delta 50-850 (and many others). My delta has pretty much the same spec’s and does a good job for me. I move mine from machine to machine and it works great that way – I don’t know how well it would work as a plumbed system DC but I’m sure a lot of people use it that way.
I run mine on 110 without any issues.
One thing you WILL NOT like is the 10 micron bags. My delta came with 5 micron bags and they were junk! I switched them out to 1 micron bags from Penn State.