PDA

View Full Version : Short carving/highboy project video

Joel Ficke
12-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Greetings,

I hope it ok to post this...thought the Creek carvers might find it interesting. The project is one I completed several years ago and was a carving journey to say the least. The video is new. If nothing else, the music is enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2T4IImHfbA

-Joel

Steve Thomas
12-19-2009, 6:07 AM
you bet it's allowed... not that i've ever read the rules or anything but everyone here should see that!

thanks for the video and well done.

Steve

Howie French
12-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Joel, thanks posting this. great job !!

Howie

Mark Maleski
12-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Beautifully done, nicely editied, thank you for posting! I followed the link to your website; you have some spectacular work. I'm just getting started on a piece similar to the footstool on your website (I'm using a plan from Phil Lowe), and was contemplating using Walnut - your example helps me justify that decision.

Mark

Jim Kountz
12-19-2009, 5:15 PM
I cant even think of words good enough to make a compliment on a piece of work like that. Thats quite the accomplishment, Outstanding!!

Myk Rian
12-19-2009, 5:24 PM
Work like that takes a special talent that I don't have.
It is a beautiful piece.

Bill Berg
12-19-2009, 7:16 PM
Joel, that is awesome. Thanks for posting.

Faust M. Ruggiero
12-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Wonderful highboy, Joel. If that left you when you finished it, I'm sure the day was bitter sweet. Keep us posted on the next one. Don't wait until it is finished. Fine wooding and carving like yours is fun to see as it develops. Every shell and acanthus is a story.
fmr

Bud Millis
12-20-2009, 1:52 AM
Awesome work. thanks for sharing.

Mike Henderson
12-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Wow, that's some project. A carving journey, indeed!

Mike

Carroll Courtney
12-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Joel,what can a person say after seeing that?For lack of a better word,if there is one to discribe what I just saw"Awesome"---Carroll "wish I was closer"

Doug Mason
12-20-2009, 2:05 PM
Joel--you need to due a project tutorial on this forumn--a simple project that focuses on skill building (aka Mike Henderson).

The question is---do you have time!!!!!

Joel Ficke
12-21-2009, 8:37 AM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone -- it was fun putting that video together. Still have a long way to go in making a good podcast though.

Doug, if you do a search for americanfurniture on youtube, I have tutorials there for ball and claw and knee shell carving. Hopefully I'll have a spice box project in podcast form soon too.

-Joel

John Timberlake
12-21-2009, 2:00 PM
Thanks for the post. Great job on the carving on the highboy. Bet that took a long time. Also started watching the videos on the B&C foot. Nice job.

Howie French
12-22-2009, 11:38 AM
.....I have tutorials there for ball and claw and knee shell carving. Hopefully I'll have a spice box project in podcast form soon too.

-Joel

Joel, I have just started viewing you B&C videos as well, as someone who is just starting their carving journey, I really apprieciate these. I will also be on the lookout for your possible spice box podcast

thanks so much for taking the time to share this information

Howie

David Colafranceschi
12-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Magnificent!