PDA

View Full Version : Outta Here!

Jim DeLaney
10-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Well, it's time to move, and the computers are getting packed later today, so I'll be off-line for the next several weeks.

The big move to Ohio looms large - the movers are packing us up on Monday, and we'll be starting the drive to Austintown, OH early Tuesday morning.

Allied says it will be 10 - 16 days for the stuff to get there, and it'll probably be at least a week after that before I'll be back online.

Shop-wise, I'm moving from a shared (with washer, dryer, freezer, water heater, etc.) two-car garage to a separate 26' X 36' building with 100 amp service and a gas line already installed. I will have to install a furnace in it, though. I also plan to install a 'lean-to' shed on the back of it to house my air compressor and dust collector.

This is total retirement (at age 59) for both Mida and me, and we're really looking forward to it!

Wish us luck!

Gredo Goldenstein
10-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Good Luck and have a safe trip!

Wade Samuelson
10-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Uh, roger that Houston. We'll catch you on the flip side!

Kelly C. Hanna
10-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Hope the move goes very well for you and congrats on the huge shop! We'll need to see pics of course...:D

Jim Becker
10-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Jim, best wishes on the move! Sounds like you're going to have a nice shop at the other end, too.

Be sure to at least back up your computers and bring those with you separately. Better yet, also either pull the hard drives or transport the computer CPU's yourself, especially if you keep financial information on them.

Marshall Harrison
10-09-2004, 2:01 PM
Congrats Jim.

It must be nice to retire and just do the things you want to do. Hopefully someday I can retire but I've got to get rid of 4 kids first. I'm sure you and the missus have earned it and I haven't. :mad:

Enjoy!:)

Dick Parr
10-09-2004, 3:52 PM
Good luck on the retirement, and have a safe trip to Ohio :eek: :D

Jerry Todd
10-09-2004, 6:49 PM
Jim,
Retirement is great. I also retired at age 59 and have never looked back. You want to know what the best thing is about retirement? If you have to be someplace at a certain time it's because YOU scheduled YOURSELF to be there!
Have a save move and enjoy your retirement.
Jerry

Keith Starosta
10-09-2004, 6:52 PM
As a guy that isn't even coming close to seeing the light at the end of the employment tunnel, I wish you and your wife much health and happiness in your retirement. Have a blast with that new shop. Let us know how things are going!

Keith

Lou Morrissette
10-09-2004, 8:02 PM
Jim, have a safe trip and a great retirement. Having retired and relocated myself this year, you're gonna love it. The best to you!:D

John Miliunas
10-09-2004, 9:31 PM
The very best of luck to you and your bride, Jim! Enjoy your newfound time, home and, of course, shop! :D Your first return post will need to have the mandatory gloat pics, you know! Have a safe trip. :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
10-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Have a safe trip and an uneventful move Jim! Good Luck!

Rob Russell
10-10-2004, 7:27 AM
I hope that your move is safe and your new home becomes everything that you wish it would be.

Tyler Howell
10-10-2004, 8:24 AM
Fair Winds and Following Seas!:cool:

Greg Hairston
10-10-2004, 8:36 AM
Tyler,

You stole my line..... Im the swabby around here....

Fair Wind and Following Seas.............

Greg

Ted Shrader
10-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Jim -

You folks have a safe trip. Be sure to let us know when you are settled. Pictures are a must.

Regards,
Ted

Bruce Page
10-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Jim, a big congratulation on your retirement! You are doing exactly what I want to do when I turn 59-60, retire, move & find a place with a large shop!!

Have a pleasant & uneventful trip & hurry back

Ron Schweitzer
10-10-2004, 7:27 PM
Jim,

Congratulations on your retirement, I second Jim B’s recommendation that you have all of your stuff backed up and remove your hard drives or move the computers yourself, DAMHIKT.

I have worked with computers for about 30 years and you can’t have enough backups, even older backups have been lifesavers at times.

I recently retired (I think) at 49 and I started collecting WW tools several years ago instead of computers.

I have about 25 years of collected computers of that are almost valueless except as collectables.

WW tools are much better at not losing their value then computers, what is priceless is your data, protect it.

Ron

PS I hope my advice is not to late to help you, I don't post unless I think I can help.