PDA

View Full Version : Belsaw Model 910

Scott Greg
12-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Does any one have any experience using a Belsaw model 910(planer, molder and saw). One of my co-workers is looking to sell one and I am looking to see if anyone has used one or currently has one. Any information would be appreciated.

Lucas G Hager
12-18-2009, 1:39 PM
The feed rollers are really the only item that wears. They have replacements for about 120$. It will work better if it has a 5 hp. It's a lot like a woodmaster. I love mine. I would write more but I have to get going.

Larry Browning
12-18-2009, 1:40 PM
I have a woodmaster 910, which is essentially the same machine. Mine was my fathers and I got it when he passed away 25 years ago. It is a really solid piece of equipment. It doesn't have any fancy blade alignment so it is kind of a pain to get those set properly, but other than that it works very well. I only use it as a planer so cannot comment on the molder and saw.
Does the one you are looking at have chain drive or pulley drive? Mine is pulley, but I have seen a chain drive, especially on a Belsaw brand so was just wondering.

Scott Greg
12-18-2009, 4:22 PM
not sure about chain or pulley, but I would find out. I think I would also just use as a planer, but am wondering if it is worth buyting this or just a dedicated planer.