PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Moser Interview

Mark Maleski
12-18-2009, 8:04 AM
On the way into work this morning I heard a promo for an NPR broadcast of an interview with Thomas Moser. It'll be broadcast at 3:00 pm EST tomorrow (Saturday, 19 December 2009) on their Sirius/XM business entrepreneurial channel. For those without satellite radio, it looks as if the channel also has a podcast; I would expect the interview to be available that way shortly thereafter.

Here's a link about the show:
http://www.fromscratchradio.com/show/?p=119

Mark

John Keeton
12-18-2009, 8:38 AM
Mr. Moser spoke at the WIA banquet this year in Chicago. Extremely interesting, and a wonderful speaker. He did a slide show in conjunction with his talk - some wonderful history and tremendous legacy.

Al Navas has an edited video of the presentation on his blog at http://sandal-woodsblog.com/category/woodworking-in-america/

Jim Becker
12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Moser is one of my favorites!

Mark Maleski
12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Moser is one of my favorites!

Yep, mine too. There's a showroom nearby us (Georgetown area of Wash DC) and I stop in several times a year to admire the furniture, pick up a new catalog, and plan for (dream of?) a purchase.

John, I wish I'd been able to go to WIA (for more reasons than T Moser).

Jim Becker
12-18-2009, 1:34 PM
Ooooh...thanks for the tip about the Georgetown location as I do a lot of my work in the DC area now. I will have to stop by and try not to drool too much. LOL Years ago, there was a showroom in Philadelphia across the street from an office I was inhabiting "way back then", but it went away before I could truly enjoy it. I have built several pieces that were influenced/taken from Tom's designs and book. The library up at Muhlenburg University near Allentown PA is filled with his stuff, too.

Al Navas
12-19-2009, 1:49 PM
I have to add that Thos. Moser is also one of my favorites. What is interesting is how approachable he and his wonderful wife Mary are, and in a public setting. If you ever have a chance to visit, by all means do; you will never forget the experience.

Scott Wentzell
12-23-2009, 4:18 PM
If you missed it, you can listen to the interview on the Moser blog:

http://blog.thosmoser.com/bid/11747/Tom-Moser-interview-on-NPR-radio-show

Full disclosure: I am the marketing manager at Thos. Moser and came across this "conversation" via Google alert. You have a great community here, and I look forward to reading more. Please feel free to send me a message (scottw@thosmoser.com) if you have any questions/feedback for our company or for Tom.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

John Keeton
12-23-2009, 6:10 PM
Scott, thanks for chiming in and welcome!! Hope you decide to hang out here some, and have a presence. Please pass along to Mr. Moser that absolutely everyone I spoke to at the WIA thoroughly enjoyed his talk!

Scott Wentzell
12-24-2009, 8:22 AM
Thank you , John! I will pass along your kind words to Tom and try to be a more frequent visitor as well.