PDA

View Full Version : Using narrow blades on Laguna Resaw Master

Jeremy Tomlinson
12-17-2009, 4:04 PM
Hope someone can help out here.

I have a line on a like brand new Laguna Resaw Master, an earlier ACM built machine (1999) fitted with Euroguides. I understand that the wheels are wider and have less camber than the regular LT18 in order to handle a 2" wide blade. In addition the guides are also larger to support the wide 2" blade.

As a result of these differences it appears that the minimum suggested blade size is 1/2" with Euroguides and 3/8" with Laguna guides.

This is a potential downside for me as I need to use a 1/4" wide blade from time to time. If we considering only the wheels and tires, is there any reason not to be able to confidently run a 1/4" blade? If this is possible I would be prepared to upgrade the guides to suit. Typically I would fit the LT18 Laguna guides and retain the max blade capacity of the LT 18 of 1 3/8" wide.

Any light on the subject would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all

Jeremy

Josiah Bartlett
12-17-2009, 4:47 PM
If you have room, it might be cheaper to get a second saw for the 1/4" blades than to try to retrofit the guides on the Laguna.

Mike Heidrick
12-17-2009, 7:13 PM
Sam Blasco gave a member a picture of mounting a channeled piece of wood between the bearings to act as a Carter stabalizer like attachment. It was for 1/8" blades and does not use lower guides. Maybe this might work for 1/4".

Personally - I would buy a small 14" or 12" saw for the 1/4" blade work.