PDA

View Full Version : To my fellow Fredericksburg, VA area woodworkers...

Keith Starosta
12-17-2009, 2:13 PM
I have it on VERY good authority that we are mere weeks away from an announcement regarding a brand new Fredericksburg Area Woodworkers Guild!! The gentleman I spoke with is not ready for an official announcement, but said that he is hopeful that the first meeting would be in the late January timeframe. I was very excited to hear this, and promised that when he was ready, I would help spread the word at The Creek.

Anybody in, near, or around The Burg interested in this?

- Keith

Bruce Wrenn
12-17-2009, 9:48 PM
You might want to contact The Woodworking Shows about a free booth at the show in March. They do this for local clubs / guilds. You would get a lot of exposure, but have to man the booth all three days.

Mark Patoka
12-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm just across the river in Stafford (Rt 610) and would be interested. Never been a member of a woodworkers club or guild but sounds like it could be beneficial.

Josh Rudolph
01-15-2010, 8:32 PM
Keith,

I am definitely interested. Found this thread because I was curious if anyone had thought about starting one.

I never check the off topic forum, so please keep me informed.

Thanks,
Josh

Keith Starosta
01-16-2010, 8:43 AM
Will do, Josh. Strange timing with this thread, because I was just thinking about it last night. I'm going to make a call this morning to see if there has been any movement. I'll let you know!

Keith

Keith Starosta
01-31-2010, 2:15 PM
Hey guys!! I wanted to give an update on the potential Fredericksburg Woodworkers Guild. From what I was told, there are still definite plans to make this happen. If you're interested, contact Curtis, at J.C. Forest Products, Inc. (http://jcforestproductsinc.com/) They are compiling a list of names and contact information of folks interested. I'm hoping they get this off the ground soon!

- Keith

Josh Rudolph
04-21-2010, 8:48 PM
Any news on this? I have not heard anything.

Walt Lenar
10-19-2010, 8:42 AM
It would be great to have something local....

Robert Egbert
04-11-2012, 4:51 PM
I just moved to the Fredericksburg area. I am an avid wood work seeking a club and new friends to share my hobbie.

I have it on VERY good authority that we are mere weeks away from an announcement regarding a brand new Fredericksburg Area Woodworkers Guild!! The gentleman I spoke with is not ready for an official announcement, but said that he is hopeful that the first meeting would be in the late January timeframe. I was very excited to hear this, and promised that when he was ready, I would help spread the word at The Creek.

Anybody in, near, or around The Burg interested in this?

- Keith

Keith Starosta
04-11-2012, 6:47 PM
Hi Robert! The last time I asked (about two months ago) nothing ever came of this. I was pretty bummed. I'd really love it if something were to actually come together.

Where abouts in the 'Burg are you located?

- Keith

Rance Rupp
03-27-2013, 2:55 PM
Keith, et. all,

This has in fact begun. We kicked this off 4 months ago in November. You can find details at groups.yahoo.com/group/TFWG/ . Our next meeting comes up on April 6. We would love to have you all come out. Bring any tools you want to sell, and a project to Show & Tell, and a smile.

Rance

Rance Rupp
01-14-2019, 12:01 PM
Folks,

Last November we passed our 5-year mark. The Guild is going strong. We consistently have 60-70 members each month. You can find more information at https://www.facebook.com/Fredericksburg-Area-Woodworkers-Guild-131596283694460/ If you are in the Fredericksburg area on the 1st Saturday of the month, come on out and join us and talk some sawdust.

Rance

Matt Day
01-14-2019, 1:39 PM
The math seems to say your club is 6 years old. 11/12 - 11/18.

Lee Schierer
01-14-2019, 7:55 PM
Folks,

Last November we passed our 5-year mark. The Guild is going strong. We consistently have 60-70 members each month. You can find more information at https://www.facebook.com/Fredericksburg-Area-Woodworkers-Guild-131596283694460/ If you are in the Fredericksburg area on the 1st Saturday of the month, come on out and join us and talk some sawdust.

Rance

Your Guild needs to fix their website.....it's broken...or remove the link from Facebook