PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 RETAIL for $270

Dan Hintz
12-17-2009, 9:25 AM
I have never seen it for less than $350, so this is a great deal for those who need a copy. This is the full retail, not an academic or OEM version. For those running cracked or not-business-legal (academic, OEM purchased without the accompanying hardware) version who would like to be legal but had a hard time personally justifying it because of the price, this is as good as it's going to get:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832106076

Be aware, however... X5 will be out in a couple of months, so they're probably clearing their shelves.

Jeff Belany
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't know, I bought mine on the infamous auction site for less than $150. Sealed, full version, registered with Corel with no problems. Maybe I should have waited for X5 but I needed it right away. I've used Corel since v3, used v8 for 10 years, X4 is so flakey with little issues that keep happening it drives me nuts! Guidelines that work and 1/2 hour later they don't. Won't hold defaults no matter how many times I click on "Save as Defaults" Fonts list keeps changing (adding fonts I never downloaded. Where they come from is anyone's guess). The basic program is OK but I've just about reinstalled v8 several times in the last few weeks. Tryed doing the Corel 'repair' with no luck. Been too busy started the business to do a full reinstall (but I will soon) Don't know if will ever settle down. Wonder what X5 will add?

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

donald bugansky
12-17-2009, 6:44 PM
I was able to purchase the Academic version for $83 from Amazon. I spoke with Corel and it was completely legal.

Same version except that you don't get the manuals (everything is on the DVD) and you can't upgrade it to newer version as you must buy a new copy.

But for $83...no brainer.

Dan Hintz
12-18-2009, 6:39 AM
I was able to purchase the Academic version for $83 from Amazon. I spoke with Corel and it was completely legal.
Completely legal to do what, buy it? Sure, but the TOS specifically states it cannot be used in a business.

julien practiq
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Completely legal to do what, buy it? Sure, but the TOS specifically states it cannot be used in a business.

I my son's got it for me using his student badge info here:
http://www.journeyed.com/item/Corel/CorelDRAW+Graphics+Suite/100960739
We paid $120 with tax+shipping...

donald bugansky
12-18-2009, 5:16 PM

Remember it's just a hobby!

Dan Hintz
12-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Remember it's just a hobby!
Yes, and remember there are plenty of people here trying to run a business. Your comment "I spoke with Corel and it was completely legal." may lead someone to believe what you're doing applies to them. Just trying to clarify for any newcomers who don't know your specific situation.