PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0586 set up adjustment

Brian Runau
12-17-2009, 8:39 AM
I just got a new G0586, but had to take the in/out feed tables off to get it into the basement. Outfeed table is fine, but the infeed table has a lot of play up and down. If I lift the end away form the cutterhead it levels across the cutter head with my precision straight edge.

Gibs are installed at the bottom of the ways.

Any ideas on how to adjust this out so the in feed table is on the same plane as the outfeed table?

Would adjusting the gib screw nuts push the end of infeed table up that much?

I e-mailed the tech guys and Grizzly and I am waiting to hear.

Thanks for any and all.

Brian

glenn bradley
12-17-2009, 8:58 AM
Figure 53 on page 33 of your manual covers the gibs. HTH.

Brian Runau
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Glen: I saw that in the manual. Will that literally drive it up or just tighten up the movement?

Thanks

Brian

Brian Runau
12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
We appreciate you contacting us regarding your G0586 8” Jointer. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties in reassembling the unit. We would recommend swapping the gib in the outfeed table for the gib for the infeed table. These are ground for the individual table and may change your positioning. The gibs are typically near the end or bottom of the dovetail ways.

Brian Runau
12-19-2009, 6:03 PM
Glen:

You were right, adjusting the gibs did take out the vertical up and down. Switching the gibs did not take it out.

Thanks

Brian

glenn bradley
12-19-2009, 7:06 PM
Cool. I wasn't ignoring you, I just now got back to this thread. Glad that did the trick ;-)