PDA

View Full Version : DPI Settings

Garrick David
12-16-2009, 7:56 PM
I did a search for this, but could not find anything so bear with me if it has been addressed before.

When I cut/engrave in 333 DPI (from Corel X3) everything comes out perfectly.

However, when I cut/engrave at 1000 DPI, everything engraves really small.

Is this a Corel setting issue (where I have not checked a box) or maybe something with my printer driver (ILS-3NM that came with my Powersharp 16)?

I do not like the Laser Master 8 software that came with the engraver, I would much rather "print" directly from Corel.

Is there a better printer driver out there?

Thanks all,

Garrick

Dan Hintz
12-16-2009, 8:10 PM
I'm going to guess it comes out 1/3rd the size? Sounds like you're confusing printing a fixed-size image at 1000dpi versus processing the image at 1000 dpi. Imagine a 1" wide, 100dpi image, but you send it to the printer at 1000dpi... well, the resultant image is going to be 1/10th of an inch wide. Sending that same image to the laser and tell it to "process" it at 1000dpi, the laser will print 10 dots for every 1 in the image... it will still be 1" wide, but will be made of 1000 dots.

Garrick David
12-16-2009, 8:39 PM
According to the instruction manual, the dot size stays the same, but DPI changes the overlap movement.

So would I change my DPI settings in Corel if I wanted a better image quality? How would I do that?

Scott Erwin
12-16-2009, 8:43 PM
I have recently had the same problem. It seems to have just started and I dont recall updating any Corel or printer drivers so I dont know what changed. - I am sure something did, but I just dont remember what.

I have just resigned to the fact that I have to close Corel, and restart it opeining the drawing, not changing anything and it works fine.

Garrick David
12-16-2009, 9:23 PM
I have recently had the same problem. It seems to have just started and I dont recall updating any Corel or printer drivers so I dont know what changed. - I am sure something did, but I just dont remember what.

I have just resigned to the fact that I have to close Corel, and restart it opeining the drawing, not changing anything and it works fine.

To check it before printing go to the ILS-3NM properties.

Click on the tab "Job" and select 333DPI

Dan Hintz
12-17-2009, 6:31 AM
According to the instruction manual, the dot size stays the same, but DPI changes the overlap movement.
Correct...