PDA

View Full Version : Champagne flutes

Gene Hobbs
12-16-2009, 9:58 AM
Hello everyone
First Happy Holidays or were I come from Merry Christmas. Second is there a place to buy Wholesale glass champagne flutes, like several hundred at a time. All I can find is plastic. The reason I'm asking is I have a customer who says they buy in large quantity and they only pay $3.00 per glass engraved.I think they may be lying to me huh. Heck I can't find the glass any less than $1.50 ea

Thanks in advance
Gene

Phyllis Meyer
12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi Gene,

Go check out a dollar tree store, they have all the glassware that I engrave. $1 Each, and you can order cases and have them shipped to your home, or nearest store.

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Todd Suire
12-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Gene,

.....Phyllis beat me to it.

I've ordered wine glasses from Dollar Tree very successfully. I would order a few extra, though, in case of breakage. My last order was for 144 and only one of them broke.

Martin Boekers
12-16-2009, 11:03 AM
If you have an "Old Time Pottery" close they are good for glassware.

Another place would be a hotel & restaruant supplier or bar supplies. I'm sure you would have one close, check the yellow pages.

I have found screen printed flutes that cheap from ASI distributors but not laser etched. So make sure they are comparing the same products.

Marty

Anthony Scira
12-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah as far as doing large quantities I have given up. Places like Discountmugs are too cheap to compete with.

Mike Null
12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
They're probably telling the truth. ASI (promotional products) suppliers can provide glasses at less than that in large quantities.

There are some jobs where it pays to outsource.

Martin Boekers
12-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Mike,

your probably are right, I came across a site the other day that had a laser engraver that was designed just to do pens. It was pretty slick but limited to pens. So with quantities that ASI dist. do they probably have a dedicated machine for the different products.

Marty

Gene Hobbs
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys.
I will try the dollar store. Yea its hard I am working with alot of non profit orginizations who want large quanites but don't want to pay alot for this stuff.

Thanks Again
Gene

Martin Boekers
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Gene,

sometimes I recommend clients on where to go to get glasses cheap and let them do the running. I make a sample for them to approve then charge just for engraving. This saves me time and effort ($$) in chasing down product that I probably won't be able to mark-up.

I do give them perameters on the shape of the glass to make engraving easier.

Also I find when they work with a quote that they just tell you the per piece cost which usually doesn't include set-up fees and shipping.

Marty

Bill Cunningham
12-17-2009, 8:41 PM
There are many importers. Most of the flutes you see are made in China(?) or Indonesia(KIG). Most of the restaruant suppliers in the U.S. and Canada will be stocking Arcoroc (France) or Libby (U.S.A.) so will price a little higher, but will have a lower minimum order (usually $100-$200) The Importers that supply the dollar stores usually have a minimum order of at least $500.00. I bring in glassware by the skidload twice a year. I have brought in glass from KIG, (Indonesia) which was usually good, but some of the stuff from China 'now' is MUCH better. You can sell a flute for $3.00 in quantity, but to do it and make a 'decent' profit you have to bring em in by the skid load.. If it's a quick simple design buying the glass at a dollar store for $1.25 and selling it for $3.00 can be done but $5.00 would be more like it. The usual $3.00 flute is pad printed and not laser etched, and certainly not sandblasted. Discount Mugs 'prints' their glassware. A heck of a lot faster and cheaper than etching, but will never last as long.