PDA

View Full Version : My First Pepper Mills

John Altberg
12-15-2009, 1:11 PM
I have made pepper mills for Christmas presents, this year. I was amazed at how the same general shape can vary so subtly, one slight variation being more pleasing than another. I plan to make may more of these and also experiment with different size kits. These are 6" kits from Woodcraft.

These were finished with wipe-on poly and buffed with EEE, WD & Carnauba.

John

Mike Minto
12-15-2009, 2:57 PM
John, I think those are great. Ruined the two I tried to make, will have to try again. The light wood with the 'ribbon-effect' lips :p looks especially nice.

John Keeton
12-15-2009, 3:12 PM
John, interesting shape and quite different from the norm! Very appealing, actually. With that profile, I can see where just a little variation would make a difference in the overall look.

Kenneth Whiting
12-15-2009, 4:56 PM
Those are some nice mills. I have a couple to make for Christmas and still haven't decided the shape I want. I'm thinking they might look similar to those. Thanks:D

Steve Schlumpf
12-15-2009, 5:06 PM
Nice work on your pepper mills John! I agree - small changes in form can make a huge difference in the finished product. I like the style of these - very clean lines and really good looking wood! Thanks for sharing!