PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 Where to start?

Jack Burton
12-15-2009, 7:25 AM
This feels like a dumb question, so apologies in advance. I have looked around the site for a primer on Corel and am coming up dry. Any pointers on how to get a jump-start on using Corel X4 with my VersaLaser?

Page setup seems to elude me such as setting up the Rotary Tool.....

Thanks!

Frank Corker
12-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Jack, go onto Youtube and search - tons of visual stuff there for nothing.

donald bugansky
12-15-2009, 1:24 PM
I had the same question when I purchased my laser and the kind folks here pointed me to Laser University.

I found that Laser University has a pretty good setup that has 3 months of online training for $99. I like it because it was aimed at the laser functionality as it relates to Corel. They have a section called "Corel Center" as well as the "Projects Center" has great info on using Corel with your laser. Great videos walk you through at least a dozen areas including wood, marble & stone, coated metals, ornaments, stamps, photo engraving and many more.

I also purchased the suggested "Corel Official Guide" which has some pretty in-depth information. There is also some other online training you can buy called "Click-N-Learn" that is dedicated to Corel. I felt it was more for the artistic side and doesn't make references to laser usage.

Lastly, the laser manufacturer's have CorelDRAW tutorials on Acrylic, Glass, Puzzles etc. Go to the Universal site and you'll see what I'm referring to.

By the way, I have no affiliation with any of the aforementioned items. My feeling was that based on what you spend to purchase a laser, an extra $100 was well worth the investment.

Have Fun!

Anthony Scira
12-15-2009, 1:43 PM
I forgot about this guy Advanced Artist. Good free videos, and if you like it you can purchase the training set. I bought it and it has some great stuff at a decent price.

http://www.advancedartist.com/tutorials.html