PDA

View Full Version : Final Glue Up for new Bench Top

Mike Zilis
12-14-2009, 9:00 PM
Back in October I picked up a mess of 6/4 Hard Maple. A couple of weeks ago I ripped it down to pieces just over 2.5" deep. I started the glue up late last week and made 3 pieces made up of 6 boards each. This way I could joint and plane each of the three sections before they got too big for my machines. After cutting the sections to final length (6 ft) tonight on the chop saw I got them back in the clamps for the final glue up.

This is for my first ever proper woodworking bench. I'm looking forward to finally being able to chop mortises without shaking everything off the bench!

http://www.mazworld.com/Site/My_Albums/My_Albums_files/IMG_0296.jpg

Mike Cruz
12-14-2009, 9:46 PM
Pics, my man, PICS! Even works in progress deserve them...

Mike Zilis
12-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Mike. I seem to be having a problem getting my photo to show up. I have one included in the original post. I've edited the post and double checked the link. Should be working fine. Thanks.

RickT Harding
12-15-2009, 5:01 AM
Hi Mike. I seem to be having a problem getting my photo to show up. I have one included in the original post. I've edited the post and double checked the link. Should be working fine. Thanks.

Nope, getting an unauthorized message from me.com. Looks like you need to do some permission tweaking.

Mike Zilis
12-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I appreciate the feedback. It was definitely a permissions issue. If you hadn't told me I'd never have known since I had no problem seeing it. :-)

Please let me know if it's still not visible.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Cruz
12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Looks great! Amazing how much wood it takes to make that, huh?