PDA

View Full Version : First ever picture post and Peppermill

David Hullum
12-14-2009, 8:59 PM
Walnut and I think ambrosia maple with 7 coats of lacquer you will have to ask Gary Conklin about the maple we did a wood trade and this is part of some of the smaller peices sent. Thank you so much for the wood Gary. I would like to thank Bob Hallowell for his wonderful tutorial also. I truly am proud to make something I think is worth posting on the site. It is a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law we draw for names for gifts and this is what he is getting. Sorry for the drawn out Oscar speech I am just so excited about this I have been wanting to try a peppermill for a year now.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3295/peppermill5resize.jpg

John Keeton
12-14-2009, 9:36 PM
David, my two favorite woods - all in one piece! And, throw in a lamination on the diagonal as a bonus. Nice work!

Billy Tallant
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
David, nice peppermill. I like the way you did the layout. Vertical segmentation for the body with the cap showing horizontal segmentation. Makes a good contrast.

Bernie Weishapl
12-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Nice peppermill. Really nice wood combo.

Steve Schlumpf
12-14-2009, 11:54 PM
David - congrats on your first photo post and your first peppermill! Nice design - pretty woods! Your BIL will love it! Thanks for sharing!

Tony De Masi
12-15-2009, 7:44 AM
Well done David. Your BIL will love it for sure.

Tony