PDA

View Full Version : Frank Corker Just can not stop giving!

Pete Simmons
12-14-2009, 6:12 PM
Last year or maybe even 2 years ago a lady brought me a very ornate wooden cross and asked can I make one.

Me of course I can. So I scan it in and try to vector it. Well the depth of the wood put a lot of shadows in the scan and the image just was not going to work.

So I ask for help here at SMC. Of course Frank steps right in and sends me a great vector file. Well This cross has been a great product. I must have made over 100 of them and just recently got another multi copy order.

I tell my customers that a guy in England made this possible. I am not sure what they think that means.

Well anyway --- Thanks again Frank!!!!

James Jaragosky
12-14-2009, 6:27 PM
Last year or maybe even 2 years ago a lady brought me a very ornate wooden cross and asked can I make one.

Me of course I can. So I scan it in and try to vector it. Well the depth of the wood put a lot of shadows in the scan and the image just was not going to work.

So I ask for help here at SMC. Of course Frank steps right in and sends me a great vector file. Well This cross has been a great product. I must have made over 100 of them and just recently got another multi copy order.

I tell my customers that a guy in England made this possible. I am not sure what they think that means.

Well anyway --- Thanks again Frank!!!!
Frank is a good egg.
He has helped many here on the Creek.
Happy Holidays Frank.

David Fairfield
12-14-2009, 7:18 PM
Frank is awesome, digging through his old posts is like digging in a gold mine of vector goodies.

Hey Frank here's a toughie for ya-- I need a vector art of a Spitfire, an overhead plan view. It will be a Christmas ornament for a British friend. Somehow I think you are the right man to ask! :D

Dave

Frank Corker
12-14-2009, 7:21 PM
You're all welcome. More than happy to help other SMC members, nothing worse than struggling when someone could help you out, so why not.

Dave, the aircraft or the sportscar?

Frank Corker
12-14-2009, 7:49 PM
I'm guessing it's the plane. Will these do?
I have had to upload them to a server because the file is 8mb and I can't reduce it any further than that. (choose the free option and fill in the brief questions then you can download)
http://rapidshare.com/files/320964097/Spitfire.zip

Tom Bull
12-14-2009, 8:22 PM
Pete, how about re-sharing the cross? Sounds like something we all would like to see, perhaps a picture, too. It amazes me how fast Frank can come up with the file. Frank, you must have either an amazing memory or an awesome filing system.

Dan Hintz
12-15-2009, 6:39 AM
It amazes me how fast Frank can come up with the file. Frank, you must have either an amazing memory or an awesome filing system.
Frank is actually a unit of The Borg... Tertiary Adjunct 3 of The Primary Core, I believe.

AL Ursich
12-15-2009, 10:26 AM
I have also been on the receiving end of Frank's Kindness a few times. His Maltese Cross Collection is just FANTASTIC !!!!

THANKS FRANK !!!!!!

AL

John Noell
12-15-2009, 1:03 PM
Uhh Frank, since you are that generous, I could use, uhh, maybe a million or two bucks for a decade or three. :) :) :)

Pete Simmons
12-15-2009, 1:05 PM
Here it is.

David Fairfield
12-16-2009, 6:09 PM
amazing, thanks Frank! You are like a 24/hr help desk!
Well, I'm using some primitive victorian era software over here, couldn't actually read the Spitfire file format, but I'm sure it was exactly the graphic I needed! :D

Dave