PDA

View Full Version : NJ Woodworkers, ever buy lumber from....

George Farra
12-14-2009, 2:16 PM
Found on Woodfinder.com, Boards & Beams Co located in Towaco, NJ. According to google maps its about 30 minutes from me. They have a price list on thier website.....5.20 bf for 5/4 cherry.....reasonable?

Any experience is greatly appreciatted.

My last purchase was from Middle Valley Lumber in Long Valley NJ. Great place with good prices and easy going owner....but is over an hour from me

TIA

George

Prashun Patel
12-14-2009, 2:42 PM
George-
I've bought from BNB a couple times. I love it. Steve's prices are great and he's really friendly. You won't find a lot of exotics there, but for cherry, maple, walnut, oak, poplar, it's hard to beat - especially if you're looking for 8/4+ stock or slabs.

Conrad Fiore
12-14-2009, 3:13 PM
George,
What did you buy from Travis at Middle Valley? I've been meaning to get there but wasn't sure of what he carried.

George Farra
12-14-2009, 3:41 PM
Shawn,

Thank you! I'll check them out.

Conrad,

I purchased red oak and cherry from Travis at Middle Valley. When I was there he had a good supply of both red & white oak, cherry, maple, walnut, poplar and black locust. He was getting in a load of apple and pear.

In addition, he had a great selection of burls. Great guy, lets you pick through the stack, even helps you dig through it all.

Regards

George

Matt Kestenbaum
12-14-2009, 4:26 PM
Thanks for the review of this source...it"s a bit of a haul up to Towaco for me, but I never know when I'l been on an errand in Parsippany.

MK

dennis thompson
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I've purchased wood (white & red oak, poplar) from both of them, Steve & Travis are both great guys with good prices, B&B is closer to me so I've used them lately, very happy with both of them
Dennis