PDA

View Full Version : 'Nuther CLAMP ALERT!

John Miliunas
10-07-2004, 9:11 PM
Gross Stabil clamps. 12, 24, 32 & 60" closeout priced. All Pro tools. Got MY order in! 'Nuff said. :D

Jack Hogoboom
10-07-2004, 9:56 PM
John,

Thanks for the tip. Ordered 4 each of the 32s and the 60s. Mywife's gonna kill me if and when she finds out.

Jack

John Miliunas
10-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Good for you, Jack! Heck, even with s/h, it still comes out better than "equivalent" K-Bodies or Jorgy's. :) Personally, I like them better than the other two, though the K's run a real close second! :cool:

Jack Hogoboom
10-07-2004, 10:06 PM
No competition in my mind. They are much smoother than the K-bodies. however, if All Pro stops selling them, I may have to go back....

Tom LaRussa
10-08-2004, 8:42 AM
Gross Stabil clamps. 12, 24, 32 & 60" closeout priced. All Pro tools. Got MY order in! 'Nuff said. :D
Rats!

Still too rich for my thin blood. :mad:

On my current project -- my first real woodworker's bench -- I had five simultaneous glue-ups going at once, each eight feet long, and each using eight clamps. That would come to $840 just for clamps! :eek: :eek: :eek:

BTW, they call these things "Gross Stabil." (sic) They look pretty stable to me, but I don't think they look gross at all. ;)

Vince Sandy
10-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks John! I bit the bullet and ordered a few. For the bigger ones, it looks like about a 30% discount off the lowest prices I could find doing a quite internet search comparing prices of Gross Stabils and Besseys. I ordered two 60" and four 32".

Vince

James Carmichael
10-08-2004, 10:58 AM
No competition in my mind. They are much smoother than the K-bodies. however, if All Pro stops selling them, I may have to go back....

My local WoodCraft just started carrying them and is closing out the Jorgensen Cabinet Masters for 40% off. The Stabil's are still a better deal (though probably not at WoodCraft).

Chris Damm
10-08-2004, 11:11 AM
All Pro tools ?

Aaron Heck
10-08-2004, 11:18 AM
All Pro tools ?

Yep, that's what the original poster said. If you were asking for the website, I'm sure a yahoo or google search would bring you your answer.

John M. Cioffi
10-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks John for the heads-up;but my head just rolled!!!!
Jack Hogoboom - read this....( when your wife finds out....)
So John,
I read your post,earlier & ordered so fast that I almost broke my wrist typing.
I whipped out my VISA so fast,I got a discount!!!
After placing an order for 4/24" & 4/32", (Severely resisting almost to the point of blood,to double the order!!!), I called my wife(during Break) & confessed to being a "TOOL JUNKIE!" I said honey, pray for me & she said what's the use,it's hopeless to pray for that!
Now I have to find the funds to pay for them. OH,O.T. - where are you....
John, clamp full in Boston.:D

John Miliunas
10-08-2004, 1:04 PM
LOL! Yeah John, I know the feeling! Actually, LOML wasn't irritated by it. I just told her I got an email telling me of the sale, as I was headed down the stairs to my brief bag to get the check-card! I told her what I was getting and she gave me "the look", but then said, "Oh. OK." :D Gotta' love it! She's a real big bargain hunter herself, so she doesn't usually mind me hitting on a good price when it comes along. Plus, I've got a fair amount of my "on call" monies pooled for just such occasions! :) :cool:

Scott Coffelt
10-08-2004, 1:29 PM
No such luck on a google search, not that I need anymore clamps but wanted to find out about this place.

Scott Parks
10-08-2004, 1:31 PM
I looked at their website last night. Just went back now to order some for myself, and they are sold out of all but 12"ers..... AAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Scott Parks
10-08-2004, 1:32 PM
No such luck on a google search, not that I need anymore clamps but wanted to find out about this place.
www.allprotools.com (http://www.allprotools.com)

John M. Cioffi
10-08-2004, 3:10 PM
Yeh, John,

You have it quite good also. my wife wasn't mad at all, just flabergasted that after buying a framing nailer & sawsall last month, I'm back at it again.
But, isn't that what tool junk-itis is all about??
Thanks again for the alert. my order just made it.I called to confirm & it will be shipped out today.
Happy clamping.
John

John Miliunas
10-08-2004, 3:22 PM
Thanks again for the alert. my order just made it.I called to confirm & it will be shipped out today.
Happy clamping.
John

Yup. I found that on deals like that, you snooze, you loose. :( I put the post out there right after I got the email alert from them. Well.....OK. I put up the post the minute after I hit the "Confirm" button at their site. :D :cool:

Mike Tempel
10-08-2004, 3:29 PM
WHEW - guess I did get my order for 8 x24's in just in time. No need to let my dad know since he also missed the jorgie and bessey sales and I didn't. Guess I will just have to give him some of these too. Man, he sure does make out good on these sales even though he never orders anything.......:confused:

Jim Fancher
10-08-2004, 4:39 PM
Shoot. Those looked nice too. Oh well, I didn't have the spare cash anyway. Next time!

Congrats to all that got in on that deal.

Scott Coffelt
10-08-2004, 5:05 PM
Check out Amazon with their $25 off $199 or more, plus the 10% sale and then add the 10 pack price and their close. I just bought a 10-pack of the 12's for $217.98 delivered. I bet cheaper then ALL PRO TOOLS when finshed.

Doug Jones
10-08-2004, 5:42 PM
Man, I'm glad they "SOLD OUT". I was starting to weak'en. Even went as far as pulling out the plastic (well before they did sell out), but returned it to its rightful place. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up John.

Ian MacDonald
10-08-2004, 7:33 PM
About a year ago I got a great deal on a bunch of Gross-Stabil PC2 clamps from these guys:
http://www.redmond-machinery.com/gross-stabil.htm

They're not currently having a special sale like AllProTools were but they do advertise 10% off.

Cheers,

-- Ian