PDA

View Full Version : Freud dial-a-dado blade

Jerry Bittner
10-07-2004, 6:04 PM
Thinking of buying the Freud 6" or 8" dado adjustable -- dial-a dado.

First of all, any users care to share their opinions about how good it is or?

Second, I'm wondering about fit -- I have a Ridgid TS3650 and a Ryobi BT3100 and the latter saw is where I would like to have it set up sort of a permanent dado saw.

Some comments I've heard indicate that it will not fit unless your saw shaft is
X" ? long.

JayStPeter
10-07-2004, 6:25 PM
Jerry,

I have heard of people either returning or selling dial-a-width because they had fit problems. I didn't pay a lot of attention, but it might've been Craftsman saws that had too short arbor shafts to deal with the full width. Since your Ridgid is a descendent, it may or may not have the problem. Don't have any idea on the BT.

I'd be willing to trade you a very lightly used SD508 plus the $50 price difference if you have the problem. I know the 608 will work on my Unisaw.

Jay

Jim Becker
10-07-2004, 9:27 PM
The Freud "Dial a dado" might be too wide to work on a contractors' style saw's arbor as they are sometimes shorter than a cabinet saw...and it's a tight fit on them, I hear, when you get to the wider widths. (Jay's deal sounds like a nice offer!)

Joe Scarfo
10-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Ahhhhh, dial a dado. It's on my list to buy when I can raise the cash. If you have a contractor style saw, check w/ Freud tech support before buying.

Good Luck...

Joe in Tampa...