PDA

View Full Version : Creek Blockages

Jeff Bratt
12-13-2009, 7:18 PM
I've noticed that SMC has been off-line several times in the last couple months - most recently for about 6 hours 12-13, Sunday afternoon. Anything that we should be worrying about? Are these outages weather related or in upstream networks beyond your control? Or are there some hardware or server problems that need to be addressed? Or something else entirely...

Jim Becker
12-13-2009, 10:18 PM
There was some necessary server maintenance due and perhaps Keith and Aaron were attending to it this weekend. Getting time from Aaron is tight right now due to his work on his dissertation for school.

Keith Outten
12-14-2009, 8:37 AM
I made a post in the other thread about this, the problems we have experienced over the last couple of months have been our providers network and not ours. Yesterday could have been weather related, it rained and rained and rained. The entire area is still saturated from the Nor-Easter storm we had a couple of weeks ago so this rain just added insult to injury. Possibly some trees were weakened by the additional rain and fell on some power lines.

I hope these problems will be resolved soon by our provider and that we get some much needed sunshine.

Jeff Bratt
12-14-2009, 6:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Glad to know the flow - at least in your section of the creek - is well managed.