PDA

View Full Version : Old Senco pinners..

Rick Fisher
12-12-2009, 9:46 PM
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m455/jokerbird_photo/SencoPinner.jpg

Anyone here use one of these ?

I sold nailers 20 years ago... These where called an SN1 or an LS1 cant recall.. They where about $400.00 back then..

In there day, they where the best 18ga nailer made.. I wonder today if they are still well regarded.. or are they just old. lol..

Brad nailers are simple.. so I cant imagine these are in the same class as old iron.. I may pick up a few at this auction.. just because.. but I wonder if they are actually still well regarded.

Karl Brogger
12-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I think they're still $400+ now. One of the best pin nailers you can get. If its in good working order, and the price was right I wouldn't flinch at buying one. Even if it needed some repair and the price was right I'd pick one up.

I think there was two models also. Most that I've seen only shoot up to 1" pins, the other I think went up to 1-1/2".

Rick Fisher
12-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Karl.. do you know the model number of these tools ? There are a bunch in the auction.. I cant remember what they are actually called..

They are made in the USA, mainly for manufacturing .. to compete with Haubold and Omer..

David DeCristoforo
12-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Ditto what Karl said. Those are the best ever made. Vastly superior to the "plasticy" things sold today. Only shoots up to an inch long pins so that is a limitation. Rebuild kits and parts are readily available.

Larry Edgerton
12-13-2009, 6:43 AM
I use the Old style 1 5/8" pinner and when I heard they were stopping production to produce more Borg price point tools I bought three so I am set for life.

Dave Lehnert
12-13-2009, 10:45 PM
I happen to live a stones throw from the Senco plant. Had a friend that worked there for like 30+ years. Walked in two weeks ago and lost his job.

They filed bankruptcy and are trying to get things back in order. A local dealer said the other day he likes what he is seeing come from them now. I know they still made a few models of high end guns here in Cincinnati but most Senco guns are now made overseas.
Senco guns were the best ever made by far when they were made here in Cincinnati but they were getting the butts kicked by the likes of Porter Cable etc..... Hard to spend $400 for a Senco gun when you can buy a PC or Harbor Freight:eek: for $18.

Little trivia. When Senco started the company was named Semco. But the patternmaker who made the gun die missed spelled Semco He spelled it Senco. It was chaper to change the company name than remake the die.

Larry Edgerton
12-14-2009, 6:50 AM
The ones I like are the SLP20's. I use SFN1's for finish nailers for most other work.