PDA

View Full Version : Small project turning idea,

Leo Van Der Loo
12-12-2009, 3:28 PM
and just right for this time of year IMO :D

This came about when I finally sold a set of egg cups I had made from some Paper Birch branchwood, where I had left the bark on, the lady that bought it inquired if I could maybe make some napkin rings to go with it, well here's the answer :D
I used some spalted Birch branches and also made a toothpick holder to go with it, the lady has seen them and is delighted with them, but I had to sign them :rolleyes:, did that with just initials and a date, the wood has been stabilized with CA, the outside left natural.

Yes comments are welcome :)

135025 135026

Brian Effinger
12-12-2009, 3:35 PM
Very cool Leo. :cool:
That is a great idea. I can picure the table now, all decked out with a table cloth and one of those center pieces with berries, and tree branches. These would fit perfectly.
Really, great job.

John Keeton
12-12-2009, 3:48 PM
Leo, those are really a great idea! Seems like that would take a lot of CA, is there a special type you use for this type application?

Steve Schlumpf
12-12-2009, 4:54 PM
Leo - your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me! Love this! I am sure your customer will cherish these! Don't be surprised if you get orders for more!

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
12-12-2009, 6:37 PM
Good looking project Leo. Really nice wood.

Grant Wilkinson
12-12-2009, 7:41 PM
Those are truly unique, Leo. They will set a great table.

Harvey Ghesser
12-12-2009, 8:04 PM
very creative, Leo! Nice work!:)

Leo Van Der Loo
12-12-2009, 8:18 PM
Thanks for the responses Guys :D, it's appreciated :)

John it does take some CA, but not that much, there will be a few pennies left after counting the CA cost ;) :D, (I use thin CA so it soaks in) the reason you have to do this is that the bark does not shrink and the wood will shrink if not filled with CA :eek: :D
Oh ya I learned that the hard way also :( :rolleyes:

alex carey
12-12-2009, 9:19 PM
cool idea, might have to steal it one day.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-12-2009, 9:22 PM
cool idea, might have to steal it one day.

Alex you can't steal an idea :p, oh you can copy it alright :D:D, thnaks for commenting, have fun and take care :D