PDA

View Full Version : Paslode Nailers Problems Solved

Howard Boehm
12-12-2009, 2:38 PM
I have several Paslode guns, finished Nailer and brad Nailer. Both guns were intermittent in the shooting. I would fire one or two shots and then nothing. I cleaned them, oiled them and checked everything and still the problem continued. I was searching on the web and found a few comments about the gas cylinders and that they have an expiration date stamped on them. So I checked that and sure enough they were all out dated. I purchased a new fresh supply of gas cylinders and to my amazement they are now working like a charm. no misfiring. Who Knew? I wanted to pass this on in case some is having the same problem. I was ready to give up on these guns but they sure come in handy.

Barry Vabeach
12-12-2009, 3:14 PM
Howard, thanks for the heads up. I had a similar problem a while ago and bought new gas and problem solved. Later, I had a different problem with the framer, it fired a few nails, then stopped, I checked the battery, the gas cylinder, then I had the duh moment- it has a dry fire lockout - I had run out of nails.

Howard Boehm
12-12-2009, 4:39 PM
I hate when that happens

Peter Aeschliman
12-12-2009, 7:43 PM
good to know. I have the paslode finish nailer- never had a misfire problem but I've heard that you really need to stay on top of cleaning the gun out every so often.

Wayne Cannon
12-13-2009, 3:42 AM
I've experienced the same thing. They have a pretty short shelf life. Since then, I've watched the expiration date when I purchase them, and have found many that were already near or over their expiration date at big box stores and major lumber suppliers.

It pays to shop around, as I found one local supplier with consistently fresher cartridges, by far, than any other. I guess they have a larger volume and, therefore, inventory turnover.