PDA

View Full Version : DVD Update Again!

Bill Grumbine
10-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Greetings all

I just got home from doing the final edit of the DVD. We were afraid we would have to edit it down to 90 minutes in order to get an index on the thing, but the cameraman, who is also the editor, found another software package that is not as glitzy, and we are able to keep the 2 1/2 hours that we had gotten it down to while still having an index. So, I am going to debut with the longest woodturning DVD in history! :eek: Cecil B. DeMille would be proud of an epic of this length. We will be handing out certificates of achievement to those who can verify that they watched the whole thing in one sitting without falling asleep! :D

Bill

John M. Cioffi
10-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Wow! Awesome news,Bill.

All your hard work will be paying off,soon.
I just hope the cost of a DVD will still be within my budget.:eek:
Thanks for the update. Was is as fun all the way through, as it was in the beginning?
John

Tom Mullane
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
FANTASTIC.... I get to see what I missed the first day of shooting.....
When can I order my autographed copy and how much is it.... will the autographed copies be "Limited Special Additions", LOL....
Congratulations Bill.... I know this is going to be a prize winning DVD in the woodturning industry....

Martin Shupe
10-07-2004, 12:35 PM
OK Bill, enough teasing. Let's just cut to the chase...

When can we order and how? Your legions of fans can't wait much longer! ;)

Seriously, I am looking forward to enjoying the "artist's cut, super extended version" as soon as you have them to distribute, and I would bet that I am not the only one, by far.

Congratulations in advance on your successful DVD.

Pete Lamberty
10-07-2004, 12:41 PM
When and where is the premier? Do we have to wear tuxes? Wait till I make some popcorn! Does it also contain bloopers? Seriously now, I am very happy for you Bill. And I think people will appreciate the amount of instruction that they are going to get from you. As you know, videos are usually much shorter than yours. Congratulations and keep us informed.

Roger Fitzsimonds
10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Congratulations Bill. I know this was a lot of work. David Marks said it took up to 40 hrs to make 1 episode of woodworks. I hope this was a little faster.

Roger

Mike Weaver
10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Bill,
I hate to make another "me too" post, but I also anxiously await the announcement of your DVD's availability.
-Mike

John Miliunas
10-07-2004, 1:12 PM
OK Bill, I know that the release date, price, etc... is only on a "need to know" basis. BUT, I really DO NEED to know! :D Seriously, if I have to extend my HELOC to get it, I need some lead time, you know! :) That is, of course, only for the full-length, AUTOGRAPHED edition! :) Hey seriously, glad that it's coming all together for you! No wait...The first part was "serious", too! :cool:

Chris Padilla
10-07-2004, 2:41 PM
Cool and congrats, Bill. How are you feeling about it? Anxious? Nervous? Elated?? :D

Michael Ballent
10-07-2004, 3:32 PM
That is cool news... Can't wait to see the final product hit the shelves :) Congrats!!!

Dick Parr
10-07-2004, 5:48 PM
Glad to here it Bill, let us know when you get it copied and release it.

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-07-2004, 7:42 PM
Sounds great Bill..............WOOOOHOOOOOO, 2 1/2 hours of turning on DVD...............Man, I can't wait for the release! I have a spot reserved in the curio cabinet for my autographed copy of "Turnin' Bill Style"! :D
I am really happy this project came together for ya............I hope the rewards are more than worth the effort.........if anyone deserves it Bill, it is you. :)

Wes Bischel
10-07-2004, 8:22 PM
Bill,

Looking forward to the DVD - in time for Christmas - maybe?? :D

Wes

Jim Ketron
10-07-2004, 8:28 PM
Great Bill!

Looking forward to getting one :D
Jim

Jack Hogoboom
10-07-2004, 10:04 PM