PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bernie.....Hey Tony........

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2009, 11:10 AM
John just ordered a Nova G3 chuck.

You guys use a chuck much for spindle turning?

Bernie, you might want to turn on the pump and recirculate the water in the live well.

Steve Schlumpf
12-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Just curious.... what size adapter did he buy for the chuck?

Tony De Masi
12-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Maybe he takes heavy cuts with his spindle tools so wanted to use a chuck???:rolleyes: Maybe he sees it as a safety device???:rolleyes:

If he get the 1 1/4 adapter then we will know what color lathe he buys next, or at least give it a pretty good guess.

Tony

John Keeton
12-12-2009, 11:59 AM
You all thought this stuff was for turning bowls, didn't ya'?!?!?!;)

Guys, those chucks have other uses - they make some really neat paperweights. And, that bowl gouge I ordered from Doug this morning, I can use it upside down for a note holder.

All this stuff is for my office!:D It ain't got nuthin' to do with the shop!!

Curt Fuller
12-12-2009, 12:29 PM
p.s. You're only kidding yourself if you think you're not going to want to turn a nice big salad bowl or vase once you get a chance to watch the shavings fly. I've seen your flatwork on some of the other forums and I'm betting you're the kind of guy that's going to be more happy with a PM3520B, Oneway, or something in that caliber. You can take it a step at a time or just make the leap.

9/1/2009 http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=119427 #5
The vortex is stronger in this one than most.
;)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2009, 1:06 PM
Curt,

To give you an idea on how strong this Vortex is and how John is in a state of denial.....in another thread, one guy admits he recently bought a handplane from John......

John is selling his flatwork tools to support his spinny addiction.:eek::rolleyes:....and he denies it....... seems to me most addicts have this same reaction!:D

Steve Mawson
12-12-2009, 1:29 PM
No mercy in this group. John is going to be a tormented person-----if he isn't already. :D:D:D All the more fun especially at Christmas time.

Tony De Masi
12-12-2009, 2:25 PM
You are correct Steve. And we are getting to John so much that he can't even use proper English. Bet he wouldn't get too far using that type of language in the court room. "ain't got nuthin'":D

Tony

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2009, 2:28 PM
Tony,

Cut John some slack...will ya'. When he's high on his new addiction, he resorts to the lanuguage he learned as a young Southerner there in Kentucky!;)

Brian Effinger
12-12-2009, 3:00 PM
Curt,

To give you an idea on how strong this Vortex is and how John is in a state of denial.....in another thread, one guy admits he recently bought a handplane from John......

John is selling his flatwork tools to support his spinny addiction.:eek::rolleyes:....and he denies it....... seems to me most addicts have this same reaction!:D

Hahahahahahaha!!! :D
I guess that makes you guys the pushers, and me the enabler? Hehehe. :)

Tony De Masi
12-12-2009, 3:34 PM
Tony,

Cut John some slack...will ya'. When he's high on his new addiction, he resorts to the lanuguage he learned as a young Southerner there in Kentucky!;)

Ken, I will try to make that my New Years Resolution. But I make no promises.

Tony

Brian Effinger
12-12-2009, 3:36 PM
Poor John. I almost feel bad for all of the harassment he is getting.

Almost!

Dan Forman
12-12-2009, 4:07 PM
Aw c'mon guys, the man said it was a paperweight. One ought not leap to conclusions.

Dan

gary Zimmel
12-12-2009, 4:11 PM
I wonder what song is running through Johns head?

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" ( Jet, Oneway)
"Tie a Yellow ribbon around the old oak tree" (PM)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-12-2009, 4:48 PM
I think I finally figured out how to figure this thing out.

John...answer one question for me would you, please?

What do you like on your hotdog....relish and mayo or mustard?:D

Bernie Weishapl
12-12-2009, 6:31 PM
Live well is circulating Ken. The hook has been set cause he took the bait of that Nova chuck.:cool:;):rolleyes:

Yea, now he says it is a paperweight. Earlier he blamed his wife. Sheesh what next?????????:eek::p

Yep Ken most of the addicts on here were in denial until they hit the bottom of the vortex and found there is no way out.:eek::D

David Walser
12-12-2009, 6:49 PM
Yep Ken most of the addicts on here were in denial until they hit the bottom of the vortex and found there is no way out.:eek::D

There's a bottom to the vortex? I'd come to believe it was bottomless! I guess I've still got farther to go -- which is okay since I've been enjoying the ride so far!

John Keeton
12-12-2009, 8:06 PM
What do you like on your hotdog....relish and mayo or mustard?:DIF I were to order a hotdog, I would get MUSTARD!!:D
But, were I to do that, my wife would beat the CHILI out of me, and cut my hotdog up into Beenie Weenies!!!:eek::eek:

Bernie Weishapl
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I doubt that John now that she is ordering you to make all those ornaments.:p