PDA

View Full Version : Kutzall Wheels

Carroll Courtney
12-12-2009, 9:42 AM
Who carrys the Kutzall cup wheels (blue) like the one that ww'ers are using to build the rocking chair?I tried Woodcraft and Rockler and both don't carry the cup.Rocking Chair bound----Carroll

Brian Kent
12-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I found them on www.kutzalldirect.com

$46.50 with no shipping costs. It's on my "to buy" list.

I saw that there are different bores available. I don't know if there are adapters for a 7/8" inch disk and a 5/8" grinder.

Brian

Carroll Courtney
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Brian,how do you like the chair plan from Chuck?Are the templets full size and the directions easy to follow?Thanks for the link,I want to buy the wheel and try it out.I also need to check what bore size I need,did not think about that.I did make a bench seat once and use the Lance a-lot wheel,did not care for it at all---Carroll

Brian Kent
12-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Carroll,

They are full size templates. I have watched the video and read the first half of the directions. They seem very good, especially with a group of us working together. I will get his online blog but have not yet.

I have read that the Kutzall disk is much easier to use than the lance-a-lot chain saw.

I kind of like the fact that I need a few weeks to gather wood and initial tools, so that I can think everything through and picture the process before I start cutting.

Brian