PDA

View Full Version : Xenectech Gift Engraver

Robert Rosensteel
12-11-2009, 2:56 PM
Hello everyone Would like to know if any one on here uses or used Xenetech Gift Engraver. Its been out since about 2005.Thanks for any feedback. Robert

Jonathan D. Goldstein
12-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I have one which I purchased used about 1 1/2 years ago on ebay. Haven't used it much. I HATE the viper technology. There are major problems using the viper system and having internet access on the same computer if you also use internet security software. I'm not a fan of the way it holds cylindrical items either. The second item I tried to engrave didn't fit right and I engraved it with my manual New Hermes. Every once in a while someone is selling theirs on ebay. The only thing I've been using it for are odd shaped objects because the jaws make it easier center items like tree of life leaves.

Roy Brewer
12-24-2009, 12:33 AM
There are major problems using the viper system and having internet access on the same computer if you also use internet security software.
Jonathan,

Ouch! I don't think I'm being defensive, but I guess I don't know anyone else who has ever registered that discontent with Viper. All of the Xenetech reps (of which I am one) insist on installing the GE and part of that is setting it up within your "network." I have hundreds of owners using the Viper with Internet security turned on. The Viper does some industry wide, unique functions which might require ports to be "allowed" by your AV software. Xenetech tells you which ports you must tell your Internet security program to allow. I have to admit, though, that many such programs make it very hard to make those exceptions and Xenetech tech support cannot master every AV program. I can tell you that Vipre(from Sunbelt, name coincidentally close Xenetech's Viper, but no association) works lightning fast without programming any exceptions. Norton requires you to set some exceptions to work with Viper but Xenetech's tech support can/will assist with those. I suspect however, that you have not registered your software with Xenetech and if not, they will not provide support.

Robert Rosensteel
12-24-2009, 7:47 PM
Hi Roy Merry Christmas Thanks for your input. I have been looking at all the info I can get on this engraver. And will most likely make a choice in Feb. on a new engraver. Just waiting to see if Xenetech is coming out with any new models.