PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from Woodpeckers

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
has anyone ordered from Woodpeckers recently (within the past couple weeks)? did it ship?

I placed an order last thursday (12/3), to take advantage of one of their deals. My order has shown up as "order received" ever since.

On Monday I sent them an email asking how quickly I could expect it to be shipped out. I was told that they typically get them out in 3-5 days this time of year, and it would be "going to shipping tomorrow" (Tuesday).

On Wednesday, it still showed as 'order received' so I called. The nice woman on the phone said it had "just gone to shipping". Great! but as of today, it's still showing as "order received" and I have not received a shipping confirmation.

I'm not in too much of a rush for this, but if they don't have it in stock then I'd just rather they told me that. I hate being strung along by a retailer, just so they can keep an order on the books.

Dave Hasson
12-11-2009, 1:15 PM
I was told the online "order status" was something that had to be updated manually. IOW, it most likely will always say "Order Received". I also ordered a few items and have been waiting for them to be delivered.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-11-2009, 1:15 PM
ah, interesting. Thanks!

Matt O'Connell
12-11-2009, 1:26 PM
They said my PRL-2 would ship on Thursday and I am getting it today. One day shipping is not too bad. I did probably order it around the time you did, but they are probably really busy this time of year.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-11-2009, 1:30 PM
I'd be happy with the next few days....I wouldn't get to it immediately anyways. But as I said, I don't like the stringing-along some retailers do. Also, from what I read here, it seemed out of character for them...

so you ordered it last week? did you get the gift certificate and 10% off?

Brian Matzke
12-11-2009, 3:51 PM
I ordered both Incra and Woodpecker products from Woodpeckers on 11/30. Received Incra items on 12/8. Received Woodpecker items on 12/10. My order status always just said order received.

Steve Walls
12-11-2009, 4:11 PM
I also ordered a few things last Tues, I sent them an email last night asking them to cancel my order if it hadn't shipped, haven't heard back. I'm used to better and quicker service from them.

Sean Nagle
12-11-2009, 4:27 PM
I ordered a DP table from them during their Black Friday deal. I hadn't heard anything for over a week and called to check on the status of the order. They told me they had had a failure of a CNC machine which caused a delay. Since my item was a Woodpeckers item, it was affected, a stock item might not be affected. Anyway my table shipped within a couple days of my calling and I have received it.

Anthony Anderson
12-11-2009, 5:40 PM
Didn't order from Woodpeckers, I was going to order a bunch of their rulers and T-square stuff, but I forgot and the coupon code expired, so I figured I would wait until it went on sale next time. Maybe glad I missed the coupon now.

Recently, I ordered from Woodcraft, Highland, Rockler and received my order in two days (arrived today). Actually 1.5 days in some cases. Outstanding shipping from all three.

Caleb Larru
12-11-2009, 5:44 PM
Didn't order from Woodpeckers, I was going to order a bunch of their rulers and T-square stuff, but I forgot and the coupon code expired, so I figured I would wait until it went on sale next time. Maybe glad I missed the coupon now.

Recently, I ordered from Woodcraft, Highland, Rockler and received my order in two days (arrived today). Actually 1.5 days in some cases. Outstanding shipping from all three.

Sears is also carrying Woodpecker items.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-12-2009, 8:33 AM
Sears is also carrying Woodpecker items.

I thought about going out to Sears, but from what I could see, the PRL they carry has the mounts for Craftsman routers.

Anthony Anderson
12-12-2009, 9:18 AM
I try to support the local tool store first, as they have always treated me well.

After that I shop the online woodworking stores.

Sears just rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-14-2009, 3:29 PM
Update- the lift arrived at the house today. The 'order status' page on the Woodpecker's site still has it as "order received", and we never got a confirmation email when it shipped - so the comment from Dave about it *always* staying in the 'order received' status was dead on...

Jim O'Dell
12-14-2009, 4:13 PM
Glad it came in! I've ordered from them before, and they are great to deal with. Now enjoy it.
So....it looks like you got a PRL?? If I'm reading your posts correctly, then you are going to love it! What bad boy router are you going to put in it? Jim.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-14-2009, 4:15 PM
What bad boy router are you going to put in it

For now I'll probably put my Dewalt 718 in it. It's 2.25HP, which should be more than fine for now. If it's an issue, I'll upgrade to a stronger unit, 3HP. I've already gone on a spending spree this month, so that will have to wait till 2010....

Will Rowland
12-14-2009, 4:45 PM
I purchased an aluminum router plate from them a few weeks back. Over a week went by, and no change in order status.

I emailed customer service, and in a few hours got a reply back that said it was "going to ship tomorrow" (and, it did). Seemed though like they needed prompting to move my order up in the queue.

Cary Falk
12-14-2009, 5:11 PM
I order somethin on the night of 11/28. It shipped on 12/4. I got is sometime last week. It was free ship so I didn't expect it to be very quick.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-14-2009, 5:12 PM
I don't think I needed to 'prompt' them on it (although I did inquire). I saw a mention of one of their CNC's being down....this time of year, I'm not expecting miracles. Well, at least not when it comes to shipping ;)

Caleb Larru
12-14-2009, 5:25 PM
I thought about going out to Sears, but from what I could see, the PRL they carry has the mounts for Craftsman routers.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. From what I have seen, they only carry their items online.