PDA

View Full Version : Got A Drill Press For My Birthday..Big Gloat

Jake Byrd
10-06-2004, 9:25 PM
YAY!! Now I can drill my own blanks! I got a new 9" drill press for my birthday, didn't even ask for it. Cool, huh?

See Ya,

Dave Shaffer
10-06-2004, 9:29 PM
There are few better things in life than free tools ;)

Don Abele
10-06-2004, 9:40 PM
Congrats Jake. But I'd get a pic posted soon of this gloat before the pic police get ya!!! :p

Be well,

Doc

Jim Ketron
10-06-2004, 9:50 PM
Congrats Jake!
Have fun and be safe!
Jim

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2004, 9:50 PM
Chris.....Tyler........Jake gloated over a birthday present drill press and didn't post a photo........Chris .....Tyler....... :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D Congrats Jake! Take care with that drill press. I cut a finger to the bone by drilling something without having securely fastened down. The piece of metal caught on the drill bit and slipped out of my hand; spun around cutting my finger. Don't you make the same mistake! Besure to wear some eye protection too! Enjoy your tools and always be safe!

Jake Byrd
10-06-2004, 10:25 PM
I don't have a digital camera.

Jake Byrd
10-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Forgot I could just go to the Craftsman website...http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/009/24803/00924803000-dlv.jpg

John Miliunas
10-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Congrats on the new DP, Jake! May not be the most used tool in the shop, but it sure is nice to have when you need it! And sometimes, it's about the *only* way to do certain jobs! :) Cool. Hope you enjoy it. Also, congrats on getting a pic up before the Picture Patrol got you! :cool:

Jake Byrd
10-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Sorry to keep posting, but I forgot to mention the stuff I got from my dad...

15 Slimline Pen Kits
Pen Tube Insertion Tool
Sand Paper "Kit"
CA Glue
EEE-Ultra Shine
10 Mixed Hardwood "Maxi" Blanks

All from PSI. It was a great celebration today.

See Ya,

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Jake, you scored BIG TIME for your Birthday.....................good for you! Just have a good time, and work safely. Remember, properly cared for, those tools will last you a LOOOOONG time. So, care for them, use them properly, and you are off to a good tool collection start! CONGRATULATIONS! :D

Jake Byrd
10-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Kevin, I have been wondering, did you ever find a taper thing?

Thanks,

Kevin Gerstenecker
10-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Man, I forgot to let ya know Jake............sorry about that. YES, I do have a morse taper fitting that the mandrel shaft threads into. Email me your address again Jake, in case I misplaced it, and I will send it to ya. I will remove the mandrel shaft from it...............as it is slightly bent..........it was a cheapo mandrel I got with my first Pen Turning stuff. I'll get it to ya before the end of the week Jake. Sorry I forgot to let you know I had that thing............things have been crazy lately!

Jerry Olexa
10-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Happy Birthday and be safe w the new toys Errrr I mean tools.

Jake Byrd
10-07-2004, 6:11 AM
Thanks guys, and thanks a lot Kevin.

Thanks again.

James Carmichael
10-07-2004, 7:01 AM
Chris.....Tyler........Jake gloated over a birthday present drill press and didn't post a photo........Chris .....Tyler....... :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D Congrats Jake!

Snitch!!

Congrats on the DP, Jake! Put the digital camera on your Xmas list :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
10-07-2004, 8:27 AM
Jake....posting the picture from the Craftsman home page to circumvent not having a digital camera was using your head! :D Good job!.........Tyler ....Chris....call off the "Photo Cops"........ :rolleyes: That was quite a haul you got for your birthday. Enjoy and be safe!

Kelly C. Hanna
10-07-2004, 8:57 AM
Congrats and happy B'day!

Steve Clardy
10-07-2004, 11:53 AM
and Happy Birthday!!

Steve

Ted Shrader
10-07-2004, 1:09 PM
Jake -

Happy B-Day and congratulations on your new acquisition.

Regards,
Ted

John Miliunas
10-07-2004, 1:28 PM
Doh! :eek: What a maroon I am! I congradulate you on your new DP, but fail to give you a high five on your B-day! :o So, HAPPY B-DAY, Jake! :cool:

Chris Padilla
10-07-2004, 2:47 PM
Nice toyz, Jake! Good pic recovery. Happy birthday, too! BTW, post all you like! How do you think Miliunas and I have 3k+ posts?? :D

I think Ken F. is officially inducted into the Nazi Pic Patrol...he is just calling them out a little too often lately! Congrats, Ken. :D

Jake Byrd
10-07-2004, 4:45 PM
Thanks for all of the happy birthday wishes, and now I don't feel so bad about posting a lot either. I put the press together today and just messed around with it, safely of cource. It is NICE!!

See Ya,

JayStPeter
10-07-2004, 6:33 PM
Happy birthday Jake.

I think Ken F. is officially inducted into the Nazi Pic Patrol...he is just calling them out a little too often lately! Congrats, Ken. :D

I've been thinking that there are a couple people beating you and Tyler to the punch. Good induction (though I bet Ken still wouldn't ask for pics of my abdominal bruise :D )

Jay

Wade Samuelson
10-07-2004, 6:38 PM
Congratulations--it's just like mine!

Chris Padilla
10-07-2004, 8:10 PM
Pssst! Hey Wade!

It is yours...have you looked in the shop lately??? :eek: