PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

Kiran Kumar
12-10-2009, 8:59 PM
I am a watchmaker in Nadi Fiji and I am very much interested in doing Laser engraving business along with my watch repair business.
So far no one in my town does laser engraving or laer engraving personalized gift business,I will be the first, I have contacted Alfex CNC Aust. Epilog mini 18-40watt is what i am interested in as its USA MADE and I firmly believe in American made products.
i want to do laser on wood,glass,mirror,wine bottles,wine glass ,plastic.Epilog price Aust $24,000 and the company will send their rep from Aust. to Fiji for 2 days to train me at my expenses which is ok with me. I need you all pros to advice me as i will be a newbie to this trade

Rodne Gold
12-10-2009, 10:27 PM
What advice do you need? If you the only guy in town doing lasering , you can make a lot of boodle if you got ppl who want your services...just about any other business can use lasered products , from industrial to awards...
I looked your town up on the net
http://www.nadifiji.com/
- they say it's the gateway to Fiji and it has many resorts and it's a tourist mecca - Im sure you can capitalise on that..

Kiran Kumar
12-10-2009, 11:11 PM
the advice I am looking for is ....will the Epilog do the job I want to?

John Noell
12-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi Kiran, I'm in Savusavu with an Epilog 45 watt. It is a nice machine. We have found that the personalized gift business is tough, but Nadi may be a lot better for that than Savusavu. Exactly what kinds of things do you want to engrave? BTW - the other lasers that I know of in Fiji are owned by Kriz, Caines-Janif, and LB Masters Engraving.

Rodne Gold
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
All lasers will do what you want as per your original post. Glass engraving , however , can have variable results and is not as nice as sandblasting.

Kiran Kumar
12-11-2009, 2:42 PM
Thanks Rodne ,John its a bloody small world as you are in Savusavu and I am in Nadi.Well Fellas I am interested in Wood mainly- photo and other Fiji Design as gifts