PDA

View Full Version : OT:Battery Coin Counters

Dave Crabbs
03-27-2003, 7:01 PM
Hi All,
I have a lot of loose change I need to count and roll to take to the bank. My bank will not accept bulk loose change unless it is sorted and rolled. I am wondering if those battery operated coin counters are any good.
Thanks
Dave

Phil Phelps
03-27-2003, 7:16 PM
...until I bought one. Works great. I always through my loose change in a "something" and much later I'll roll 'em. Probably have over four grand. I don't really think that is very smart on my part. Need to cash it in, but never get roundtuit.

Howard Barlow
03-28-2003, 6:39 PM
Krogers has a big sorter in the lobby here.

JayStPeter
03-28-2003, 7:11 PM
The coinstar machines in grocery stores take something like 10%. The cheap <$30 sorters work well, but don't really stand the test of time. I get maybe two years out of them (maybe $6-700). The nicer ~$45 ones are much nicer. So far the one I got from Brookstone has lasted around 4 years and still going strong. Only has to be cleaned every 6 months.

Jay St. Peter

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-28-2003, 9:39 PM
Our small town Bank still has the Change Counting Machine..........kind of a High Tech New Fangled thingy, and they just dump it in there and count it out. They offer this service for no charge, so long as they are not very busy at the time. Friday afternoon or Saturday Morning is usually a No-No, but any other time they are fine with it. I realize that in this day and age of less customer service, most Banks no longer offer this service, but IMO it is a good PR tool. They take it rolled too, but I just drag it in there in a Big Coffee Can!