PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Rubber Gloves...Unreal...

Keith Starosta
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I just used a pair of cheap rubber gloves that were of such low quality that my actual fingerprints came through onto the piece!! :eek: I've never had that happen before. I was shocked, to say the least...

That's what I get for trying to save a buck. Quality is worth the price!!

- Keith

Thomas Pender
12-10-2009, 3:09 PM
Keith,

I buy blue nitrile gloves from Amazon in a box of 100 for around $12.99 that are advertised for use for auto mechanics. [ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M5WU9W/ref=ox_ya_oh_product ]So far, they are tough enough for every known solvent (and stain) and do not leave fingerprints, yet are nice and thin and come off easy. I use them once and throw them out (or not) and really like them. I used to buy the big thick ones that go over the wrist, but these have changed my mind. They do have different sizes, so you have to watch and make sure what you are buying.

Good luck

Tom

Rob Cunningham
12-11-2009, 9:02 AM
I also use nitrile gloves. They hold up much better than latex gloves and are not affected by most chemicals.

Bob Borzelleri
12-11-2009, 9:48 AM
I just used a pair of cheap rubber gloves that were of such low quality that my actual fingerprints came through onto the piece!! :eek: I've never had that happen before. I was shocked, to say the least...

That's what I get for trying to save a buck. Quality is worth the price!!

- Keith

I think those gloves have flooded the market as a result of a Department of Justice grant to glove manufacturers.

Scott Holmes
12-11-2009, 8:44 PM
Nitrile gloves are far better than the latex for most uses. Even the nitrile gloves don't do well with the chemical strippers. Finger tips last a few minutes at best.

I use heavy duty gloves made for chemical stippers. Nitrile, or latex gloves for other jobs; usually just after I get what every it is, all over my hands...