PDA

View Full Version : Just a few Birdhouse ornaments.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-10-2009, 4:38 AM
Took some pictures of a couple of this years ornaments I've turned :)

Oh and all comments welcome of course ;) :D

134772 134773 134776 134775

134774 134779 134778 134777

Leo Van Der Loo
12-10-2009, 5:09 AM
And a couple more :)

Alan Tolchinsky
12-10-2009, 5:19 AM
Leo, You've been very busy haven't you! Super nice bird houses.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-10-2009, 3:13 PM
Thanks for your kind comment Alan, thank you :D

Steve Schlumpf
12-10-2009, 3:23 PM
Leo - as always - very impressive work! Love all the small details as well as the hanging acorn finials! Very nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
12-10-2009, 4:07 PM
You have been busy Leo. Good looking birdhouses. I like doing the acorn finials.

Joe Aliperti
12-10-2009, 4:12 PM
Very nice variety and craftsmanship! Thanks for sharing.

charlie knighton
12-10-2009, 4:17 PM
very nice, Leo

Mark Hix
12-10-2009, 7:51 PM
Some really creative ideas!
They all look great.

Jim Kountz
12-10-2009, 8:05 PM
Well as usual Leo you did an amazing job with all these. Nice work!!

Steve Mawson
12-10-2009, 8:06 PM
I to like the acorn finials. All very nice, recognize some of the woods, could you give us what they are. Super ornaments for the season.

Keith Spaniel
12-10-2009, 9:08 PM
Very nice design, the mix of woods and shapes are existential.
Keith

Doug W Swanson
12-10-2009, 9:13 PM
Very nice. I would have never thought to leave some of them 'natural' like that....

That gives me some more ideas!

Baxter Smith
12-10-2009, 9:40 PM
Leo, Those are neat, but when I saw the first one in the second set I was stunned. Then I noticed the last one in the first set too. I imagine you noticed it as well. I had a good chuckle. One should always stay humble!

"One mans masterpiece is but another mans birdhouse roof"!:)

David E Keller
12-10-2009, 9:50 PM
Nice group of ornaments... I'm particularly drawn to the fourth on in the first grouping... The one with the overfitting roof. Very nice, diverse grouping.

paul wiser
12-10-2009, 11:04 PM
these are spectacular!!! totally different. you must be complimented for you imagination.

Maylon Harvey
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Leo, some nice houses to be sure. You continue to amaze me with your endless supply of ideas. I hope you don't mind if I copy some.

Billy Tallant
12-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Very nice looking group of ornaments. Looks like you have definately been busy.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:42 AM
Leo - as always - very impressive work! Love all the small details as well as the hanging acorn finials! Very nice work!

Thanks Steve :D, yes little added interest, I've been trying to keep the pieces unique, but there's only so much you can do, still between the different woods and shapes they all have something special, fun to do and quite addictive :)

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:43 AM
Thanks for commenting Bernie :D

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:44 AM
Thanks for commenting Joe, and you are quit welcome ;-))

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:46 AM
Thank you Charlie, appreciate your comment :-)

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:49 AM
Some really creative ideas!
They all look great.

Thank you Mark :D

I to like the acorn finials. All very nice, recognize some of the woods, could you give us what they are. Super ornaments for the season.

Hi Steve, thanks, the pictures all have the type of wood used as their ID, I assume you are able to see them ??, on the bottom of the pic's !!

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:52 AM
Thank you for replying Jim, yes we keep trying to keep it interesting ;-)), take care.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 3:55 AM
Thanks Keith, just using some of the small scrap wood pieces ;-)))

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 4:01 AM
Very nice. I would have never thought to leave some of them 'natural' like that....

That gives me some more ideas!

Thanks Doug :D, I've been using the natural wood surfaces like that for a few years, they are neat, but you have to have the right size limbs to use for them, not always easy to find :)

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 4:06 AM
Leo, Those are neat, but when I saw the first one in the second set I was stunned. Then I noticed the last one in the first set too. I imagine you noticed it as well. I had a good chuckle. One should always stay humble!

"One mans masterpiece is but another mans birdhouse roof"!:)

Haha, thanks Baxter, Baxter, no I actually hadn't till you mentioned it, well it is all a question of practicing, things we think are hard to do become every day stuff, just like walking for a toddler :rolleyes: :)

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 4:14 AM
Nice group of ornaments... I'm particularly drawn to the fourth on in the first grouping... The one with the overfitting roof. Very nice, diverse grouping.

Thanks David :D, yes that one is kind of a new shape, made only a couple like that, they are more complicated and a little harder to find the right balance in size and shape, we'll see if others do like them also ;) :)

Very nice looking group of ornaments. Looks like you have definately been busy.

Hi Billy, thank you, Oh yes I've been and still am busy, nothing new really, never seem to be able to catch up with what I have to do, live gets in the way of turning ;) :eek: :D

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 4:18 AM
these are spectacular!!! totally different. you must be complimented for you imagination.

Thanks Paul for commenting :D, ahh there are more ideas than time to do them all Paul, ideas come easy, or so it seems to me :)

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 4:20 AM
Leo, some nice houses to be sure. You continue to amaze me with your endless supply of ideas. I hope you don't mind if I copy some.

Thanks Maylon :D, oh yes I do mind, that's why I don't show them :p ;) tic :D

If it wasn't for me-you-us, seeing shapes/forms and things we'd be unable to come up with anything at all, we sure aren't born with all those shapes and forms, besides I always say, "there's nothing new in wood turning" :eek:

Harvey Ghesser
12-11-2009, 2:54 PM
Nice work Leo! What wonderful gifts they would make!:)

steven carter
12-11-2009, 3:12 PM
Leo,

Nice birdhouses, lots of variety not only in the style but in the choice of woods. I think by now I can no longer be surprised by the diferent species that you use. I wouldn't be surprised if you came up with something made from reconstituted sawdust, even if the sawdust came from 12 different kinds of wood.

Steve

Leo Van Der Loo
12-11-2009, 7:43 PM
Nice work Leo! What wonderful gifts they would make!:)

Thank you Harvey :D, yes they seem well liked, and are fun to make as well :)

Leo,

Nice birdhouses, lots of variety not only in the style but in the choice of woods. I think by now I can no longer be surprised by the diferent species that you use. I wouldn't be surprised if you came up with something made from reconstituted sawdust, even if the sawdust came from 12 different kinds of wood.

Steve

Hi Steve, thank you :D, yes using all what's available keeps it interesting, and low cost also :eek: :D, take care :)