PDA

View Full Version : My New Tools Gloat

Dale Bright
12-08-2009, 9:37 PM
Creekers,

I rarely post but I read and learn from you all on a daily basis. I have decided to post a picture of my newest toys. A couple of months ago I got a steady rest from Jeff Nicol and yesterday, I got my Monster Articulated Hollowing System from Randy Privett. I am very happy with both of these tools so I decided to gloat a bit. The wood is a piece of hickory that I had started with my handheld tools but I gave up on it until I got the Monster and boy, what a difference.

Thanks, Jeff and Randy, great tools and great customer service.

Dale Bright

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats on both of your new tools! I have both of Randy's hollowing systems and they have made a huge difference in my hollowing abilities! Jeff's steady looks rock steady! Very impressive!

Congrats again! Looking forward to seeing the finished Hickory hollow form!

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Congrats on the new tools. I also have both of Randy's hollowing rigs. Really makes a difference. Jeff's steadies are mighty fine.

Bill Bolen
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Dale you sure have a nice set up there for hollowing. Hope to see a bunch of your HF's in the coming new year. I see from your picture we have the same low-tech dust collection system...Bill..

Dale Bright
12-09-2009, 9:41 AM
Yes, Bill, the box fan and furnace filter works very well and at $15.00 is a bargain. I also have a ceiling mounted "high tech" unit that I recently bought used.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I will try to post some hollow form pics in the near future.

Dale

George Morris
12-09-2009, 9:14 PM
Congrats Randy is a first rate individual. Love his system! G

Jeff Nicol
12-10-2009, 5:46 AM
Dale, The rest looks very nice on your lathe! It is great to see them in there permanent homes. Cut pieces for 8 more yesterday after I plowed snow for about 5 hours! I do all the neighbors sidewalks and three others driveways besides mine, I have lots of fun on my Polaris ATV while I am doing it, but still lots of work.

Keep us in the loop with all your new HF creations,

Jeff

Hilel Salomon
12-10-2009, 7:14 AM
Great Combination! I have two of those sets (Randy's and Jeff's) for my shops in VA and SC and they work great!! Also, you would be hard pressed to find two more accommodating, conscientious and friendly people than both of them.

Hilel.